What Breed Does My Cat Look Like?

BabygirlsMA

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
This is baby girl. She is around 2 years old. A friend asked me on spur of the moment whether I wanted her and I immediately said yes. I didn't even know what she looked like. She was dropped off without a cat carrier with my friend holding her on her shoulder. I immediately I loved how calm she was a put up no fight for me to take her. Her original name was Oreo but she never responded to that so over time baby girl stuck and she seems to like and respond to that name. She's very playful, loving and sweet. She's never done anymore than give me a nibble on my hand while playing. She loves baths. The first time I bathed her I was very careful I thought she was going to tear me up but she liked the pampering even putting her paw up to let me clean between her toes.
She's very active day and night jumping over the couch and speeding over the window over the tv stand and knocking everything over but I have a soft spot for her she is like a daughter to me. She is a cat nip head and broke the drawer I hid it in trying to get to it once. She's a little spoiled I suppose. She has a little bit of meat from dinner whenever we eat but I don't over feed her just at nighttime when were eating together she gets a little treat. Shes special in her own way like she rather play with my hair ties and knocking them around than her actual cat toys. I don't know how many packs I went through giving them to her to play with. It's funny because she'll jump up and throw it in the air like a basketball player going for a dunk and catching a ball.
Whenever I leave she crys and when I get home she greets me with a meow that sounds like "MA" I just love her so much I'm committed to my cat not judging anyone but where ever I go she goes meaning I would never give her up no matter what or wherever I move.
Shes family which makes me wonder... What breed does she look Like? I know it can never be exactly accurate this way but I thought it would be fun and maybe I can learn something about her like that show cats 101. Please let me know what you think about what breed she is. Thank you

Attachments

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's lovely! I can't quite tell from your pictures whether she is a longhaired or shorthaired cat. Does she have a fluffy tail? Most cats are not any particular breed, so we call them domestic shorthair or domestic longhair based on their coat length.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

BabygirlsMA

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you <3 I can't really tell myself if she's long haired or short haired it's somewhere in between which is also the reason I'm asking. Here's a picture of her tail. Thanks for your response.

Attachments

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
To me, I'd say Domestic Medium Hair. Her markings are very similar to my boy's. (left kitty in avatar). I call him a tuxedo due to his markings, but that's a coat pattern, not a breed.
Messy Beast can tell you more than you ever want to know (if that's possible!) about cats!
MessyBeast.com

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

BabygirlsMA

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
To me, I'd say Domestic Medium Hair. Her markings are very similar to my boy's. (left kitty in avatar). I call him a tuxedo due to his markings, but that's a coat pattern, not a breed.
Messy Beast can tell you more than you ever want to know (if that's possible!) about cats!
MessyBeast.com

I know that her coat left was somewhere in between. I just didnt know what to call it. Thank you for your reply !