What Breed Does My Cat Look Like?

arouetta

Slave of Bastet's acolytes
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello I just got my new kitten Max might anyone know what gene/breed he has in him??
Omg, the black spot on his nose and muzzle is so cute, it looks like he dipped his nose in an inkwell.

With all that fuzz I'm betting he'll have long fur. How old is he?

Trying to figure out what cat breeds are in the mix is pretty hard. I can't even figure out my own.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome to The Cat Site. Your adorable Max certainly had colourpoint parentage, and has Snowshoe markings, though without a pedigree, he'd simply be called a Domestic Colourpoint.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

CatheeCat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Omg, the black spot on his nose and muzzle is so cute, it looks like he dipped his nose in an inkwell.

With all that fuzz I'm betting he'll have long fur. How old is he?

Trying to figure out what cat breeds are in the mix is pretty hard. I can't even figure out my own.
Thank you he is 8 weeks old !!

CatheeCat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Welcome to The Cat Site. Your adorable Max certainly had colourpoint parentage, and has Snowshoe markings, though without a pedigree, he'd simply be called a Domestic Colourpoint.
Thank you!! I had a pedigree seal point ragdoll and while Max is not pedigree he looks so similar to my ragdoll as a kitten !

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
He is quite dark for a young kitten. Combo siamese burmese point genes?

Felix&Archie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He looks like a Siamese mix or a domestic colorpoint, but he definitely has some siamese in him.

CatheeCat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
No I got him from Craigslist the seller claims he is half sealpoint ragdoll and lynx? But you can never be to sure?

Here are pics of the parent

Attachments

CatheeCat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Here are the parents

Felix&Archie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm not I big cat expert but the first parent looks more like a (Siamese/other oriental breed) than a ragdoll. But you never know.

haleyds

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yeah mom is a seal point possibly Siamese and ragdoll mix, her coat isn't quite right to be full ragdoll but too long to be full Siamese lol. Daddy is a blue lynx point domestic short hair with some old type Siamese influence.
And baby is a very nice little snowshoe Siamese look a like. Beautiful cats all the way around!