What breed does my cat look like?

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Oh she is gorgeous :rbheart:

Her colour is a blue torbie ( torbie means tortoiseshell and tabby ) can also be called a dilute torbie.
Called a dilute due to her colours blue and cream being a dilute of black and red.

Now as for breed she reminds me most of a maine coon cat ;)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

chaz453

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks your response is greatly appreciated her original owners moved house and abandoned her so I took her in and i didn't know what breed she is? I managed to get hold of them once and all they told me was they left her because there other cat didn't get on with her. she follows me from room to room chirping as she walks she is very vocal and I just wanted to find out more about her. The only problem ive had is that she seems to get matted fur quite bad and I have problems getting rid of them? Any suggestions? Kind Regards Paul 

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
With that long fur you must take care of them practically every day.  Comb every day, bathe her  now and then... Etc.

For some owners it is a welcome pastime, and the reason why they get themselves a persian or another longhaired cat...

- My own residents are shorthaire.  I did choosed it so..   :)

You got her willy nilly by saving her life, so her long fur was not of your own choosing...

Yet it must be done.

There is a breed "longhaired German" - I suppose you could compare her with them.   Now, it is a typical german breed,  partly natural there.   I dont think there are LG breeders in other countries..

Good luck!