What breed does my cat look like?

michelle alonso

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Greetings everyone, I adopted this feral cat a while ago and i would want to know what breed and color she's in. I think she is a mix bred, there is a huge variety of colors here where I live, but I find her color a bit unique and since she's a long haired white, cream and a color between light ash brown and grey cat with blue eyes...mmm I don't know if that is a real color but it looks sort of like a grayish light brown, The thing is that I can't find a proper breed and color to qualify her. Maybe she is a weird mix between Calico, tabby or torbie?...well XD lemme stop. Here she is
I find a bit weird she has a grey tabby patch in her front left leg.
Feathery tail 

fluffy paws

Last edited:

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
She would be known as a Domestic Short/Long hair, depending on the length of her fur. Also known as a Moggie. She has the most beautiful markings and looks like she has fur that makes silk seem rough. There is really no classification that she falls under that I know, but someone may be able to tell you better.

What is her name? Is she just plump, or pregnant?

As a moggie, she is in good company. Check out this thread.   www.thecatsite.com/t/239149/what-breed-is-my-cat   It is very long and has been going on for over two years.  If you go to the last page, you will see a picture of my Meezykins (real name Sheba) who is colored somewhat like your lovely cat.

Welcome to TCS
and we hope to hear more and see more of your cat and yourself.  I am stealing a couple of your pictures for my personal wallpaper collection, if you don't mind. I use only the prettiest cats (to me) and yours belongs there. I will not post it anywhere and I am the only one who ever sees my computer.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

michelle alonso

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Her name is Misty, yea her coat is super soft, 
 no she's not pregnant, she was sterilized, is just that she's very fluffy, I've bathe her many times and she's normal weight, compared to my black neutered male cat Raito, now that one sure does look like a fat panther. And sure no problem I don't mind if you take the pics hehehe ty for asking :)

Here I posted a few more pics http://www.thecatsite.com/t/260190/greetings-everyone#post_3363198

Last edited:

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Have you looked at my pictures of Sheba? She also has soft fur, but hers is shorter. You can see them on my profile page.

Last edited:

hippo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She is gorgeous! I love the blue eyes, and her colouring is so soft it reminds me of marshmallows.

I'd say a torbie (dilute?) which is essentially a calico with tabby markings in some of the differently coloured patches.

Stunning cat. If a breed was ever developed to produce that consistently, I'd be a buyer!

maewkaew

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow!  Re color & pattern,  I agree she definitely is Torbie ( Torbie = Tortoiseshell color  + Tabby Pattern) because she has both red-based and black-based pigment, and one can see the tabby pattern in the black-based pigment, not just the red. but she does not look to me like a Dilute (Blue-Cream) Torbie.  Her black-based color is more brownish than blue. 

She is a Seal Torbie Point and White  ( or some people say "with White" instead of "and White")  but doesn't have a super strong contrast between body and points,  and the torbie pattern plus white patches do make her pointed pattern less obvious,   but  it sure looks like she has some more dense/ darker color on some of the points ( like her face and legs) than on the body.    

If you got her as a kitten,  was the color on her body lighter then?  

It's hard to say if she might have any recent partial ancestry of some breed  ( Ragdoll could be a possibility).   But the random-bred "Domestic Shorthairs" and "Domestic Longhairs" come in a great variety and if she is pointed as I think,  that gene has been in the general cat population for a century.  

but you were just asking what breed she looks like .   I have seen some Ragamuffins that are similar coloring.   I  think occasionally they get this sort of look in some Siberians, the  Neva Masquerade lines.   I don't mean she IS those breeds, and I don't mean she looks like them in every way.  She is really her own unique self. 

That coat looks very thick and cottony , the kind of coat that needs frequent combing to keep it from matting!   

She's a real beauty !  Thanks for giving her a home.    

maewkaew

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
 OK  I looked at your other thread and see some photos that  confirm that she is indeed a pointed cat.  

Also I can add the kind of tabby pattern.   so that makes it even a longer name :  Seal Mackerel Torbie Point and White.   

Beautiful cat!  

alex brownstein

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She appears to be some sort of Ragdoll crossbreed; they have Burmese blood, Birman blood, and Siamese blood in the foundation stock, which means they can have points of any color.  What sort of personality does she have?  Ragdolls tend to be among the most laid-back, even-tempered cats of all breeds, which is where they acquired the name...one of the only trademarked breed names in the registry.