What Breed Does My Baby Resemble The Most!

Mimi527

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I know her papers say Domestic Longhair-Red Tabby. But I would like to know if there are any actual breeds she resembles. Her tail is about half the size of a normal cat but I don’t know if it was due to injury, I do know her tail was broken at the base and healed on it’s own. They didn’t say that she has the tail clipped or anything. I was the foster mom. She’s got golden orange eyes. I have attached photos below of her. She’s an incredibly mellow laid back couch potato who happens to follow me everywhere.

Attachments

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
She’s adorable! :loveeyes:

I don’t think it looks like she has a shorter than average tail. Since she doesn’t have pedigree papers, she would be called a red classic tabby Domestic Longhair. I think that Maine Coon is the probably closest breed lookalike.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mimi527

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Very sweet fella. :)

I dont think her tail is particularly short.
In comparison to her siblings from her liter, hers is half the size. Her tail is only 4 inches long right now vs our other kitten whose is almost 7 inches.

Our rescue things that it was probably clipped when the people who broke her tail did that, but we really don’t know. But it’s definitely short according to our vet.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mimi527

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She’s adorable! :loveeyes:

I don’t think it looks like she has a shorter than average tail. Since she doesn’t have pedigree papers, she would be called a red classic tabby Domestic Longhair. I think that Maine Coon is the probably closest breed lookalike.
Picture don’t do her tail justice. Our vet was the one who told us her tail was abnormally short. It’s 4 inches long vs our other kittens 7 inch tail and they’re the same age. Since her tail was broken by someone at the base, the Vet said it could’ve been clipped and healed, but it didn’t show signs of it.

And yes we have one full blooded Maine Coone and the only difference is the cost consistency.