What Breed Do You Think She Is?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ragdollbaby1

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yeah - ears, muzzle conformation and coat are pretty consistent; there aren't many images online of pointed LaPerm kittens for comparison, however.

View attachment 184256

Hey, thank you for attaching the picture! You're right there aren't very many images of that particular breed and cat for me to compare her with. Apparently according to the breeder this was her grandmother (I've attached the photo below)

stunning-selkirk-rex-x-ragdoll-kittens-59246983688e6.jpeg

What breed would you say this is?

This was her father:
stunning-selkirk-rex-x-ragdoll-kittens-5924697427b57.jpeg

haleyds

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Grandmother looks like a British shorthair look a like but not a purebred. The father looks to be a saddle bi color ragdoll, he looks to be purebred but only papers could really say that. What was her mother supposed to be excatly?

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Grandmother looks like a British shorthair look a like but not a purebred. The father looks to be a saddle bi color ragdoll, he looks to be purebred but only papers could really say that. What was her mother supposed to be excatly?
You make a good point, grandma certainly does have that "working cat" body, but note that her hair texture looks slightly different, making me think that she resembles an American Wirehair. She is supposedly a Selkirk Rex, I guess it's possible that she's an off-standard Selkirk.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ragdollbaby1

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

The father did have papers, I did see them.. sure I'm sure about her father being a pure Ragdoll

When it comes to the mother however this where it gets a little odd. I've never seen a picture of the mother, only pictures of the grandmother feeding the kittens.....

I have a feeling she may be inbred. :/

haleyds

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well if you only ever saw the "grandmother" feeding them then she is most likely the mother. Although it is common for two mother cats to share responsibility of their litters, if the "grandmother" had not recently had a litter herself then she would not be lactating and could not feed them. and as abyeb said above, she looks like an offstandard rex because her fur type is wavy but she really doesn't favor a rex besides that. More like the wirehair. If her father is the ragdoll, which I don't doubt because of her coat then she isn't inbred- but you probably were lied to about who the mother of your kitten was.

haleyds

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Okay the more I look at her I agree with abyeb more and more. I believe she's just an off standard Selkirk. As in no show prospect whatsoever because her coat is not tight or lush at all but nonetheless probably a rex.