TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Last edited:

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It seems to me like she might have some Persian, quite recently too. She has a round head and body, a short nose, small ears... says Persian to me. I would expect somewhat longer fur, but Persians are one of the more common breeds and you see them all over the place, including ones that don't really match the standard. She could be a Persian mix, or a Persian lookalike.

Her color is blue-cream tortoiseshell-and-white.

Did you just adopt her? Was she pregnant when you found her? I hope you have good vet care for the upcoming kittens. She'll have to be kept inside after she gives birth, so that she doesn't get pregnant again right away, and she can be spayed once her kittens are weaned. If your vet will do it, the kittens can be spayed/neutered quite young, with modern anesthesia, when they weigh about two pounds.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catlover1990

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I got her as a present from a friend on september 9, when she was 7 months old, she is now a year and 2 months old and she got pregnant when a friend of mine kept her male cat with me for a while, i am going to spay her when she gives birth and will spay her kittens as soon as possible and i am going to take good care of the kittens.

Anyways, Thanks for the reply, appreciate it :)

orientalslave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Please get your friend to have their male cat castrated, if he hasn't already been done.  And in future please also remember that kittens should be neutered by 6 months old.  You can probably not get her spayed until the kittens are about 10 weeks old, and she could get pregnant again in that time if she gets out or meets your friend's cat if he hasn't been castrated, or has only recently been castrated.

catlover1990

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She is a strictly indoor cat, so there is no way she could get pregnant again

maewkaew

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd agree with Callista, probably some very recent Persian ancestry. both that head shape and what looks like copper eye color. In fact she may be a Persian who doesn't meet the standard. The long (for a Persian) nose and short (for a Persian) coat length wouldn't win any shows but there are a lot of Persian breeders who never show and do not breed to standard.
& I also agree with Callista too that she's blue tortie & white. In U.S. some people would call this color/pattern dilute calico but she rreally doesn't have enough white that she would be classified as calico if she were a pedigree Persian in CFA.

Being a Persian or Persian mix, one concern is PKD ( polycystic kidney disease, an early onset kidney disease that can start young. There is a genetic test for this now that breeders use to avoid breeding together cats who have the gene and producing kittens who may die by age 5. Unfortunately there are some bad breeders who don't bother testing. You could still get a test yourself from a veterinary genetic lab . If the male didn't have any Persian or closely related breed in him than it's pretty unlikely the kittens would have the disease but if she carries it, they could be carriers.

I would make sure to arrange in advance to know what you would do and have a vet on call or know of a nearby 24 hour emergency vet, in case she gets into complications having kittens. That is true for ANY cat but Persians have a higher rate of needing c-sections than most breeds or moggies, mostly due to the big round heads. and even with the kittens being mixes some could turn out that way. Hopefully all will go fine but it's best to be prepared.

andrya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She could have some British Longhair in there recently too, that was my first impression.

She is beautiful, whatever her ancestry.

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is good. :) Persians aren't exactly the sort of rough-and-tumble cat which will do well outside, anyhow! You probably already groom her every day; imagine how much grooming you would have to do if she went outside and got burrs and things stuck to her coat too! (Actually, come to think of it--since she's been shaved down, you might not be grooming her right now. I recommend you still groom her anyway, so that she stays used to it for when her fur grows out again.)

An indoor female should still be spayed because otherwise she will go into heat repeatedly, and try to get out, and be very uncomfortable because she wants to find a tom and can't find one. It will be easier on both of you if she is spayed; females in heat have been known to rip through window screens, crawl through ducts, dart out of doors, and be lost because they were trying to find a tom to mate with.

Also, I found this lovely gallery of bicolor and calico Persians. Very pretty photos, plus examples of pedigree lineages. You'll probably see the resemblance between them and your cat.

Calico/Bicolor Persian gallery

Last edited:

catlover1990

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well thanks everyone :) and i will be sure to do everything you recommend

And i love that gallery [emoji]9829[/emoji] beautiful cats

orientalslave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have seen plenty of 'indoor only' cats give their owners the slip and escape.  Also neutering is by far the best thing for her long-term health.  Please if she isn't neutered now, get her done ASAP.  Until she is neutered she is at risk of pyometra, and the fewer times she comes into call (heat) the less her risk of breast cancer.

catlover1990

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I know it looks like im holding her and shes hanging but im actually holding her from the bottom, no need to worry

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah. She really does. I'd bet on Persian mix at least.

Good to know you're supporting her in the photo, though I think she would be a bit more angry if you weren't, possibly with claws out. Pregnant girls can be temperamental as it is, and torties are known to have a bit of an attitude--if somebody was rough with her, I bet she'd leave them a few scratches to pay for it, and rightly so! She is a queen, and don't you forget it! :lol3:

She looks quite pregnant in that photo. You know we'll want photos of the kittens, right? I do so love kitten photos!

catlover1990

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am also convinced she is part persian, especially in these photos

She actually almost never scratched me or anybody else, she is so sweet and very good with kids, She's such a sweetheart

I sure will post pictures of her kittens as soon as she gives birth, So happy and thanks everybody :)

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's going to be gorgeous when her coat grows out again! :love: