What breed/describing would my two babies be?

kotomi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have two cats that alI have always wondered what to call them or if they had a breed.

This is my baby Kirara. I adopted her when she was really little a couple of years ago. Her eyes have always been a pretty icy blue.

And this is old Tikimo. He was an adult when we got him from a kill shelter the day before his time was up so I am not that sure on how old he might be but it has been about 9 years since we got him as an adult and from what I remember he was always this huge.

It is hard to get his eyes but they are yellow.

Thanks for any insight.

mollyblue

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
That last photo of Tikimo just made my day.  :D

I would say that they are both domestic shorthairs, which with many cats is as close as you are going to get to a breed since they are so  many combinations out there.... Kirara has a touch of siamese in her to get the blue eyes... and I am guessing that Tikimo would have some turkish angora... but I am no where near an expert on these things.  At least it will bump the thread and maybe one of the pros will chime in..

Still laughing at Tikimo's last photo... give him a scritch under the chin for me and tell him I know just how he feels!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Kiara is a point bi-color, having this lotsa of white on her.  You could perhaps compare her to a not very typical Snowshoe.  Yes, that point gene is of the siamese type, so its corret to say she is a little of siamese, as said.

Tikimo is apparently a very handsome fellow, but he "falls between two chairs" - I myself have difficult to put any label on him.   Both black and white cats may be difficult.

But he is very nice guy..

Im sure you are happy to have found two such furry friends. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kotomi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
That last photo of Tikimo just made my day.  :D

I would say that they are both domestic shorthairs, which with many cats is as close as you are going to get to a breed since they are so  many combinations out there.... Kirara has a touch of siamese in her to get the blue eyes... and I am guessing that Tikimo would have some turkish angora... but I am no where near an expert on these things.  At least it will bump the thread and maybe one of the pros will chime in..

Still laughing at Tikimo's last photo... give him a scritch under the chin for me and tell him I know just how he feels!
Thanks for the information. I am glad you liked his picture. I was trying to get him to look up but he wasn't all that interested. He just wants food, lots of cuddles, and to get his fur all over everything to be happy so pictures are not his favorite.

Kiara is a point bi-color, having this lotsa of white on her.  You could perhaps compare her to a not very typical Snowshoe.  Yes, that point gene is of the siamese type, so its corret to say she is a little of siamese, as said.

Tikimo is apparently a very handsome fellow, but he "falls between two chairs" - I myself have difficult to put any label on him.   Both black and white cats may be difficult.
But he is very nice guy..

Im sure you are happy to have found two such furry friends. 
I love them both a lot and I am quite happy to have them. They have never gotten along but I think Kirara just doesn't like other cats no matter what from what I have seen, Tikimo doesn't really care about anything as long as someone is petting him. Thanks for the information also.