What breed could my cat be?

rjack

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi! This is Finn. I found him when he was about 2 weeks old. his eyes were half open and he was trapped in a boat. Since then, He has grown into a very handsome and happy cat. however, He has some odd characteristics that made me question his breed possibilities. He is fascinated with water, and plays with and in it all the time. He also has a very strong attachment to only me, and wants to be by me constantly. He is very entergetic and the most talkative cat i have ever seen. The main reason i am wondering is because i havnt seen any pictures of long hair domestics that are mainly white with markings like his. I know it is super unlikely for him to be a turkish van, but it doesnt hurt to wonder.
Please let me know what he could be. Thanks :)

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
If it feels good for you to find Finn the Magnificent as a turkish van, so please do so.   If he isnt TV for real, you can namy him as a honorary one.

After all, the honorary doctor degrees,  Doctor honoris causa,  are respected as real titles, no?

hazel25

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Finn does resemble at Turkish Van, and he also looks somewhat like a Turkish Angora. But since you don't know his lineage he is most likely to be a mixed breed and he could just be referred to as a Domestic Longhair. 

hazel25

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Finn does seem to share multiple of the characteristics that describe a Turkish Van, both physical and mental. But I have seen Domestic Long-haired cats with white and black marking similar to Finn's, and since DLH cats don't belong to any specific breed and are mixed, their coat patterns and colors can vary and there is a big variety.