What Breed Co You Think Tacos & Beans Are?

meowrissa_bratton

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have two cats and I'm curious to know what breed(s) you think they most resemble. I'll describe them then post some pics.

Tacos
I got Tacos when she was 6 weeks old from a friend who's cat got pregnant when she escaped outside for a few days. She turned 7 years old at the beginning of March! She is the alpha and loves chasing lasers and laying on her back. She doesn't mind belly rubs, sometimes she requests them, and loves getting brushed. She LOVES sitting outside when it's cool/cold and rubs her face on practically anything with a corner. She is heavy, I know. She's been free-fed for the majority of her life and it's something we are working on. Due to her size, she often requires what I call "butt baths".

Beans
6 months after I got Tacos, I adopted Beans when she was also 6 weeks old. A co-workers barn cat had babies and Beans was the runt and only black cat. She is 6 years old and absolutely obsessed with me. Seriously. She and Tacos get along extremely well and cuddle/bathe each other regularly. Beans does not enjoy being brushed but she loves to groom herself. When she was younger she had an over-grooming problem where she would lick all of the hair on her paws and ankles off. The vet says it was most likely due to seasonal allergies and she hasn't had problems in a while. She refuses to acknowledge the laser exists and often stares during playtime with a "this is moronic" look on her face. When she does play it is with small fabric mice, a rainbow foam ball and string. She likes to talk to me and greets me at the door every time I arrive home.

Any thoughts on what breed or breeds they might be?

gitabooks

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
So adorable! Love your descriptions! : )

The vast majority of cats are what are known as "Moggies", or cats that aren't and never were a breed. They are just "domestic cats" that were never selected for specific traits. They are commonly known as "Domestic Shorthairs", though this is not the same as the breed "American Shorthair".

All my cats are moggies, and I love them. They are unique, gorgeous, and come in so many amazing colors and personalities.

Tacos is a gorgeous color. Not really sure what color exactly, but looks to be some sort of Brown Tabby. The shading in her coat is cool!

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As far as how to describe Tacos' lovely warm color, I'm not quite sure from her pictures if her color is brown mackerel torbie, or brown mackerel tabby with lots of rufousing (warm tones). Does she have patches of red tabby on her (orange stripes on cream/tan background)? Or are all her stripes and spots black on a brown background?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

meowrissa_bratton

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
As far as how to describe Tacos' lovely warm color, I'm not quite sure from her pictures if her color is brown mackerel torbie, or brown mackerel tabby with lots of rufousing (warm tones). Does she have patches of red tabby on her (orange stripes on cream/tan background)? Or are all her stripes and spots black on a brown background?
She has a tinge of red on her face but its more of a rustic brown-ish red. No orange... mostly black and brown!