What breed can my Tigg be?

eturnbull95

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I got my now 5 month old kitten at 3 weeks old. Only know what his mom looks like but was told the father was quite huge. He's also pretty big for his age. I've been told different things by different breeders and it's always between Savannah or Bengal. I kinda think he might have Mau in him cause of his pattern in his fur. I'll love him no matter what he is, but do to all the different telling I'm utterly confused. He's 7 1/2 in tall from front paw to ear and 11 1/2 in from tail to nose. He has some golden brown in his colorings and is mainly greys or blacks. He has a spotted tummy and both stripes and spots on his body. His tail tip looks like a marble tail with all black tip. Please if anyone can help I would love it so much.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

eturnbull95

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
More pics of him

I got my now 5 month old kitten at 3 weeks old. Only know what his mom looks like but was told the father was quite huge. He's also pretty big for his age. I've been told different things by different breeders and it's always between Savannah or Bengal. I kinda think he might have Mau in him cause of his pattern in his fur. I'll love him no matter what he is, but do to all the different telling I'm utterly confused. He's 7 1/2 in tall from front paw to ear and 11 1/2 in from tail to nose. He has some golden brown in his colorings and is mainly greys or blacks. He has a spotted tummy and both stripes and spots on his body. His tail tip looks like a marble tail with all black tip. Please if anyone can help I would love it so much.

Last edited by a moderator:

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
You saw momma yes?  What is momma like, do you remember?

He looks as a broken mackere tabby, but I shall admit the coloring is somewhat unusual, as these broken tabby parts too.

eturnbull95

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The momma was an all black domestic short hair breed.
You saw momma yes?  What is momma like, do you remember?

He looks as a broken mackere tabby, but I shall admit the coloring is somewhat unusual, as these broken tabby parts too.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
The momma was an all black domestic short hair breed.
OK.   Tabby dominates over just black, so we know this exact tabby pattern comes directly from daddy.  No interference from momma.

The black color could come to the child, making perhaps a blue tabby into a black tabby...   And as the tabby markings are black, he does carry black.

Shorthair dominates over longhair, so the father COULD have been longhaired.  This we dont know.

The exact parentage will remain a riddle, I do fear.  The money broker statistics are for a domestic, its the great majority.   Even if the posters come here with the more or less unusual cats.   :)

eturnbull95

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yeah hopefully I'll get a glance at the father next time I'm at my friends place. It isn't the first time that this male bred with her cat lol but mine was the only one born in all litters that had stripes. All of them at this age have turned dark like their mommy.
OK.   Tabby dominates over just black, so we know this exact tabby pattern comes directly from daddy.  No interference from momma.
The black color could come to the child, making perhaps a blue tabby into a black tabby...   And as the tabby markings are black, he does carry black.

Shorthair dominates over longhair, so the father COULD have been longhaired.  This we dont know.

The exact parentage will remain a riddle, I do fear.  The money broker statistics are for a domestic, its the great majority.   Even if the posters come here with the more or less unusual cats.   :)

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yeah hopefully I'll get a glance at the father next time I'm at my friends place. It isn't the first time that this male bred with her cat lol but mine was the only one born in all litters that had stripes. All of them at this age have turned dark like their mommy.
Now, as the other kittens werent striped, it tells us the father wasnt purebred.  He hadnt not the tabby gene doubled up, just singled.    OR there were two fathers...  The other non tabby.

What is the riddle here, is how they can have turned dark at this age?   Its rare.  If momma is black, the kittens are born black.   Or any coloration.  Color may change in  nuance with time, but never totally...

There is one exception thought, the points.  Or rather, the masqued cats.   There are two types: the siamese point type, and the burmese masque type.

The siamese, whom are born whitish,  if the point coloration is black, may with time become almost black on the body too - with age or if they are much outside in the cold.

The burmese masque type, they darken up much quicker, already as kittens.   They seldom gets pitch black, but they become certainly dark already as young adults, yes even already as kittens.

Could we please get some pics on momma too?   And perhaps siblings too, if you have access to these pics.

Its not impossible the momma is really a point, possibly a burmese type masque.   I want to see good pics to decide.