what breed are these kittens??

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Ouch, three of  seal points!  In a non point mom! Its not common, unless the litter was big.   Were there more kittens in the litter, but the non points are somewhere else?

Its more difficult to say more from just one photo and at this tender age.  Their fur lengh may change   Some may show to be pointed / lynx - I think one of them is.

Clear is, they got the seal from their black mom.  Mom must be a carrier of the point gene, and the dad was of course a carrier of the point gene him too - probably a point.  Even almost surely, depending a little on exactly how big the litter is.

Some of the kittens is possible tabbied "lynx" I think one of them is, but I dont see clearly  - if so, dad was a lynx / tabby too.   Surely short haired.  

If dad was a carrier of the long hair gene - some of the kittens will be longhaired.  Otherwise none will be it.  

The genetics and hereditaries of the longhair gene is essentielly similiar with the point gene - "you must be two to dance tango".

As said, too early to say much about the future looks of the kittens, esp as we dont see mom nor dad, but at this moment I would compare them with look alikes of old type siamese.(shorthair)

That is quite common when such happens, two point carriers from random looks, get one pointed kitten or two in a full litter - the kitten surprising often is old type siamese look alike.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

heatherestes14

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks! There is one all black kitten like the mother. These 4 make up the entire litter. There are 2 that have longer coats and took longer to open their eyes and 2 with what looks to be medium-length coats that opened their eyes a bit earlier. The one male in the group took the longest to open his eyes and has the longest fur

Last edited by a moderator:

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Tell me, do you have another tread too?   I got another question, with a similiar situation, 3 pointed kittens, and one black in that litter.  Coincidence or was it you?

Anyways, some will clear with time, among them the exact fur lenghts...

In this moment you can perhaps compare theirs looks to a balinese, them points.