What breed are my two kittens

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi there! 

They sure are adorable! Where did you get those little sweeties from? Are they from a breeder? Do you know anything about their backgrounds? Do you know that the parents look like?

This is the Wikipedia page for the Savannah. It gives a lot of information on the breed. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Savannah_cat

Wiki-how link on how to identify a Savannah

http://www.wikihow.com/Identify-a-Savannah-Cat

Just going by the pictures that you posted, I'd call them both domestic shorthairs. Savannahs are rare and expensive. If these little ones are from a shelter or a rescue, the chances that they are Savannahs are VERY, VERY slim. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

brittany08

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
these twice were found when my area had a tornado. They were in a breeders shed. A rescue was called to take them after the shed was tore down due to the tornado. The only thing the rescue told me about their history was that & that the vet that spayed then said they were a "big" breed of cat.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Kitten nr one is some sort of classic tabby, possibly also a tortie, thus torbie...   Being a torbie would explain too this apparent mix of designs - torbies ARE often byzantine, its one of the clues to detect them...

Kitten nr 2 seems to be a ticked tabby.   this is not that common.

Both as sweet as can be.

Finding two such pretties in a totally random sample, and probably littermates, makes me suspect they are someones  oops litter from a breeder.  Perhaps even this breeder in question, or some friend to him.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The black noses are unusual. But they don't look quite like a Savannah either. Maybe very low-percentage? If they were found at a breeder's place perhaps there's a way to find out what breeds the breeder had.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
The black noses are unusual. But they don't look quite like a Savannah either. Maybe very low-percentage? If they were found at a breeder's place perhaps there's a way to find out what breeds the breeder had.
Yes, it was something similiar I too suggested.  This rescuing action by this  breeder could easily instead be getting rid of an Oops litter.  Of this breeder or some breeder friend of his.  Now, Im not accusating nor ridiculing.  Its a public secret not so few breeders are killing off their unwanted results.  So getting a rescue group to take them is a BIG step forward.

As the cats ARE not only sweet, but also somewhat unusual.  Nr 1 is some sort of classic tabby, possibly also a tortie - thus a torbie.

Nr 2 seems to be ticked tabby. Not unique, but not very common either.

anni7

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
They have large ears so to me it means they have an oriental breed in them. My cats mother is oriental shorthair and they have big ears and looked even bigger as kittens

View media item 389849

Last edited by a moderator: