What breed are my new rescue kittens?

4kitties2dogs

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
These are my newest babies, the boy was supposedly either handed in/taken off a lady who was breeding cats, and I'm not too sure if the girl comes from the same lady or somewhere else. They're beautiful no matter what but I'd love to know what everyone thinks. The boy has a very striking face: big ears, a long and slim face with big greeny eyes, and the girl has a very round and buttony face with small ears and light green eyes. Both are approx. 12 weeks and have swirls on their coats and the boy has very vivid colour and spots on his coat.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
If they were taken from some BYB breeder it increases of course the  chance they DO have some ancestry, not only seemingly but also for real.

I think they are mixes after a marbled bengal, both, as Ancestor.  They arent  Not purebred, the marbles has began to visibly detoriate.  May be children of, but may also be grandchildren.

Technically they are classic tabbies both of them, but its not the usual form with the typical bulls eye - its of the bengal type marbles.

I though at first girlie is a blue tabby - but the nuance is peculiar.  I suspect it  liliac.  For example many britsh shorthair are liliac.   So I would guess one grandparent was a bengal, and the other - a liliac british shorthair...

Both are very pretty and sweet, and it shouldnt be difficult to find them adoption homes, if they also know  how to behave.  If they dont know - your major task will be the socialization into proper behavior.