What breed are my kittens?

Destinycwhite1

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi there! I predict that they are Ocicats, which are a exotic looking spotted tabby. However, my vet says they're just plain ol domestic shorthairs (she said this when they were 4 months mind you now they are 6 months).

thoughts?? :)

Attachments

Dewey

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
First off, SO CUTE! I think they might be a tabby cat or an Egyptian Mau. Hope this helps!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Hi there! I predict that they are Ocicats, which are a exotic looking spotted tabby. However, my vet says they're just plain ol domestic shorthairs (she said this when they were 4 months mind you now they are 6 months).

thoughts?? :)
I think I will agree with your vet.

One of them seems more spotted than a broken mackerel, so standing alone, he would be described as spotted tabby. Not that common but not forbidden to domestic moggies.

But the other is clearly a broken mackerel.

Also, ocicat spots are smaller.

That said, if you have some ocicat history, it doesnt need to be false... Misshaps happen even to breeders, and they could have a Ocicat Ancestor.

But take just as a wild guess - nay, forget Ocicat. contend yourself with they are very pretty, domestic shorthairs, beautiful and worthy in their own right. :)

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What's their background story? If you didn't get them from a breeder, they almost certainly aren't purebreds. But in some areas, irresponsible breeders have allowed some cats to escape, so Bengal mixes are not unheard of, but it would likely be a few generations back.