What Breed Are My Cats?

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Awww, what gorgeous kitties :rbheart:

Yes both are domestic shorthairs. ;)
The boy is a red classic tabby and the girl is a blue tortie (tortoiseshell)

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
You are very welcome. What are their names ? I love your female :rbheart: I have thing for blue cats they are my favourite colour cat ;)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

heavenskitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The female is Silver and his name Kitty..yes she is very pretty..as you can see she has some gold too...she is so loving. Specially now that she is pregnant. I cant wait.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
The blue tortie has some looks alike a Russian blue, european /scandinavian  type

both looks very nice!

heavenskitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hey Gem and Stefan someone told me that my male cat is very rare because of the rings he has on his sides and back..everyone that sees him say they have never seen this breed.

How true is this?

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a red and white feral male with 'rings' too, people always comment on his unusual coloring. It's sure not as common as the 'stripes'! Both of your kitties are beautiful!

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
MyCatsInTheTub is totally right. Your boys pattern is called a classic tabby pattern, while beautiful to look at it is one of most common tabby patterns along with the mackerel tabby pattern.

A tabby cat is not a breed of cat it is a type of pattern found in nearly all pedigree breeds and non-pedigree breeds.

Your boy has a red classic tabby pattern. If you look at the cat in my aviator picture - he is a brown classic tabby. Same pattern as your cat just a different colour :D

heavenskitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh cool...thank you ladies...if you look at my pics when he was a baby he was yellow but as he got older he started getting the rings and his color turned into redish blonde.