What breed & age is my lovely boy? (Pictures Inside)

taty caty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello,

Can you please tell me what breed is my lovely boy?

As you can see in the pictures below, he has a long coat (but no undercoat. At least I could not see one).

He has a neck ruff, it might not be so clear in the pictures.

Is he domestic longhair, Persian, Norwegian, ragdoll, ...?

And what age could he be? Several vets saw him ,and gave me conflicting accounts. Someone said he is not one year yet, the other said he is 2-3 years. Both of them checked his teeth.

He was lost/abandoned and I adopted him. So no idea about his breed nor age.

Thank you. :)

Last edited:

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You can't know a cat's age for sure unless you know when he was born. You can have a pretty good idea if he's youngish or older, but you'll just never know exactly. Was he neutered when you found him? If not, and he hadn't started fighting yet (you can tell by facial scars), then he's probably under a year old.

Domestic longhair, for sure, but given his sweet little face, I would say there's a chance he has some Persian blood in his background. No way to know for sure though. He's gorgeous. He's very poofy so I'm sure he does have an undercoat.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Wow, he's beautiful!

Such a lovely coat and colour, I love his big fluffy tail. What's his name?

You're very lucky to have found each other.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

taty caty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
You can't know a cat's age for sure unless you know when he was born. You can have a pretty good idea if he's youngish or older, but you'll just never know exactly. Was he neutered when you found him? If not, and he hadn't started fighting yet (you can tell by facial scars), then he's probably under a year old.

Domestic longhair, for sure, but given his sweet little face, I would say there's a chance he has some Persian blood in his background. No way to know for sure though. He's gorgeous. He's very poofy so I'm sure he does have an undercoat.

Wow, he's beautiful!

Such a lovely coat and colour, I love his big fluffy tail. What's his name?

You're very lucky to have found each other.

I would say he is a cross between a domestic longhair and a dollface persian. Very pretty kitty you have there.
Thank you all. :) Sorry I could not reply earlier.

Appreciate your input.

His name is Lulu.