What breads are my cats?

gaogier

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hello

I am wanting to know for insurance, but also for breading if needed?

Images of my cats are in my signatures.

Bubbles is a tabby.
Taffy is a white cat, with tabby patches.
Bollo is a black and white cat.

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gaogier

Hello

Images of my cats are in my signatures.

Bubbles is a tabby.
Taffy is a white cat, with tabby patches.
Bollo is a black and white cat.
Hi!

They seem to be:
DSH
Domestic Short Hairs
Btw, it is breed not bread

Please do not consider breeding them.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Agree with above, they are all domestics.

Please spay or neuter them, only registered breed quality pedigreed cats should be bred.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gaogier

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by missymotus

Agree with above, they are all domestics.

Please spay or neuter them, only registered breed quality pedigreed cats should be bred.
Why not breed?

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here is an idea of why not to breed your mixed breed cats: according to Petfinder, there are right now over 30,000 cats looking for homes JUST like your cats, same "breed" and all. There are actually way more than that if you look on craigslist, feed store flyers, the newspaper, and see stray kittens. There is a pet overpopulation problem and by breeding your cats, you add more cats, and their cats add more cats, and so on. This is why there is such a problem and that problem is getting worse.
Here is a simple write up about it
http://www.bigcatrescue.org/spay_and_play.htm
and another
http://www.homeatlastrescue.org/html/spay.html

gaogier

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Over breeding, no problem.

Bollo and taffy are scared of the wind and rain, not alone another cat.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope you will book them in for neutering very soon, especially if you've got males and females living together or going outside - it's just a matter of time before they get pregnant or impregnate another cat.

gaogier

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
There is a female cat that lives down the road, not had her operation, and is fine. Never pregnant.

I can alway tell about my cats, they never travel more than 100 meters from the house, and thats not far at all, they will not go within 100 meters from another cat.

They are indoor cats, which happens to do their business outside.

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

There is a female cat that lives down the road, not had her operation, and is fine. Never pregnant.

I can alway tell about my cats, they never travel more than 100 meters from the house, and thats not far at all, they will not go within 100 meters from another cat.

They are indoor cats, which happens to do their business outside.
The sooner they get neutered the better. Male cats will possibly start spraying indoors and outdoors if she goes into heat. Male cat pee smells very bad and it is a hard habit to break! Plus it is healthier for male cats. Here is another link: http://www.thecatsite.com/Care/177/S...Your-Cats.html

gaogier

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
From experience.

My auntie has over 10 male cats in the past 20 years.

6 neutered, 5 sprayed of 2 died with prostate problems, one had kidney stones, died a week later. 1 Lived till 20 years old - Rest ran away.

4 that did not get neutered, are still fine, living and in their early 20's although one is now deaf.

Step mum,

Had 1 cat, female, had a litter, vet neutered all the males, sold the females, anyway, just 1 lived past 5, moved to a different country and died due to being chanced into a wall, and breaking his chest.

She now has 2 dogs, 2 male cats, and they are not neutered and are happy.

Ourselves

Bubbles was a loving cat, loved playing, wouldn't hurt a fly, until he got neutered, now his mood, well, a fox broke into our garden, and took a chicken out of the bin, bubbles did not like this, and killed, yes killed the fox.

Myself - Yes me!

I lost a testicle, and the pain I was in for months, if I know what they will go though, then I wont want them done, its too much pain for them. I love them too much. Any guys here? If your a guy, got 2 testicles? Get kicked in the nuts and see how that feels, then think that but for much longer, and deeper, more painful, but it will last for 5-10 months.

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The animals aren't you. Don't worry. The animals are given pain medication and get over it quick and go on with life as better pets, their balls are not left there to hurt. It is a routine and quick procedure that barely takes 5 minutes, in fact, I know of over a dozen male cats who were neutered this week and aren't even acting like anything happened.

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

From experience.

My auntie has over 10 male cats in the past 20 years.

6 neutered, 5 sprayed of 2 died with prostate problems, one had kidney stones, died a week later. 1 Lived till 20 years old - Rest ran away.

4 that did not get neutered, are still fine, living and in their early 20's although one is now deaf.

Step mum,

Had 1 cat, female, had a litter, vet neutered all the males, sold the females, anyway, just 1 lived past 5, moved to a different country and died due to being chanced into a wall, and breaking his chest.

She now has 2 dogs, 2 male cats, and they are not neutered and are happy.

Ourselves

Bubbles was a loving cat, loved playing, wouldn't hurt a fly, until he got neutered, now his mood, well, a fox broke into our garden, and took a chicken out of the bin, bubbles did not like this, and killed, yes killed the fox.

Myself - Yes me!

I lost a testicle, and the pain I was in for months, if I know what they will go though, then I wont want them done, its too much pain for them. I love them too much. Any guys here? If your a guy, got 2 testicles? Get kicked in the nuts and see how that feels, then think that but for much longer, and deeper, more painful, but it will last for 5-10 months.
Ummm.... I don't know why your cat Bubbles is now mean when he wasn't before. And I am very sorry about your loss and your pain. But these are cats... the surgery for them is not bad. I have seven males in my house right now, ranging in age from 18 months to 4 years old. I would not have them if they were not fixed. One had a mild infection from the incision which was treated with antibiotics, but the rest were fine in a day or two. I think you are projecting. Male cats get neutered every day with no problems. Surgery is much worse for females. Ask ME - I have had a hysterectomy. I would still spay a female cat.

You cats being scared of everything does not preclude them to chasing down a female in heat. Don't underestimate the power of that attraction and the need to mate.

I don't know what country you live in... but maybe the standards there are different than here in the states.. you use terms like "stones" and measure in meters.... As I said before - TCS is a pro spay/neuter site. It is in the rules... not that you are unwelcome here, but you will get flack and pressure from members about it.

And to answer your original question - you cats are just run-of-the-mill moggies... mutts... domestic short haired cats.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Please note TCS rule #2:

2. Please make sure to spay and neuter your cats. Unless you are a professional breeder and your cat is part of a professional breeding program, please educate yourself to the importance of spaying and neutering by the time your cat is 4-6 months old. If you take care of a feral colony, please make sure to do so responsibly by practicing TNR (Trap, Neuter, Release) protocols within the colony. By spaying and neutering, you enhance a cat's quality of life and improve their longterm health. You are also proving your love for cats because in acting as a responsible pet owner/caregiver you are minimizing the problem of cat overpopulation.
Since your cats are obviously DSHs, and not a pedigree - please do spay/neuter. Intact toms, especially let outdoors - are at a much greater risk for contracting disease. We've had several wonderful, sweet, friendly intact males surrendered who have been left to go outdoors (supervised only) that have tested positive for Feline Leukemia & FIV which are both infectious diseases.

going nova

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They are sourdough, french roll, and rye.

No, really, you should get your cats neutered/spayed. Millions of animals are killed each year because owners do not spay/neuter their pets. There just aren't enough homes for them all, and the ones left to their own are especially susceptible to starvation, disease, abuse, and accidents. Cats are not wild animals, they do not survive on their own in suburbia.

By not neutering your cats you're exposing them to STDs. Your cats may not roam, but strays do roam and it's your responsibility to make sure your cats do not reproduce if you don't plan to care for their offspring.

If you want to say that reproduction is not a problem, I challenge you to volunteer in a shelter for a month and see for yourself.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise

Hello

The answer comes directly from the question:

If you dont have papers on them, they ARE counted as moggies. Even if they were precisely look alikes purebred cats.

So for all practical reasons - you do register them as moggies, insurance and so forth.

Very good you ARE thinking on insurance for them. Many cat owners doesnt do it. Especially not if they are moggies...

Second, as all others had said, they ARE moggies (shorthaired, thus DSH).. All three. Although different types...

Although they are very nice all three. And if you want to feels the breeze of wider world together with them, you can participate in cat shows with them. Almost all shows do have also classes for households pets = moggies.
Its a lot of fun!
Tip: Take the bravest of them if you want to participate in shows.
Not the shy ones....

I agree with all the others: do neuter them.
It will be best for them, and their life will be easier. And also for you. Believe me.

Good luck!

Ps Welcome to the Forums!

ps2. If you really want to see some look alike in them, so Taffy, is perhaps somewhat similiar to Turkish Van...
They are nice all of them, the third, Blackie, is even stunning in his way.

Congrats to having such a three nice furry friends!

northernglow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Why not breed?
Why breed? You do realize that breeding is about trying to improve type, behavior and health which you can't do if you don't know your cat's lines (pedigree)? There are lots of genetic deseases which can be passed on to the kittens if you don't know the backgrounds of your cat.