What Auto Feeder Should I Buy?

sprinkle

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm looking for a good quality, high-tech one.

There's one called the Petnet SmartFeeder but a review on Amazon said their cat started

"wheezing and gagging while walking around rather sluggishly. We flew into a panic not sure what was happening until suddenly she coughed up a long piece of black rubber."

They found out the rubber came from the Feeder. & there were other reviews saying that the rubber came apart for them too.

Does anyone recommend a pet feeder?

lalagimp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
budget
how many feedings
wet or dry food
webcam?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sprinkle

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Budget is negotiable
Just one feeding
I was just hoping for dry but wet would be good
w/ or w/out webcam is fine

plz & thank you!!!

ailish

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I got the Pet Safe Healthy Pet Simply Feed Automatic Feeder. It is pricey, but I wanted something that would work. And it does. It uses batteries, although you might be able to get a cord for it. The batteries last 8-9 months and there is a battery indicator on it so you don't have to guess. It dispenses more feedings a day than you would probably ever need, the smallest being 1/8 cup. You can set it to dispense on a schedule and then only have to change it when you change the schedule. It holds a ton of food. A REALLY aggressive cat could probably open it, but I have had no problem, including when she knocked it over. Now for the bad part - it is a beast to program. Just a giant pain in the ass. But once programmed it is reliable. I've had it for about 9 months, dispensing once every day, and I have not had a failure.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sprinkle

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks for your replies!