What Are You Watching Right Now?

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm watching Carl Sagan's Cosmos right now. Sagan is a hero of mine. I was about eighteen when I discovered his work, and immediately fell in love with it. I actually cried when I learned he had passed away when I was nine.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Gilmore Girls (reruns) they show them in the late afternoon, early evening on the Hallmark channel - my daughters and I used to watch that show religiously when it was on tv. They're going to have a G.G. marathon the week of Thanksgiving starting on Monday, Nov. 20 - can't wait! :hyper:

amysuen

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
At this very minute - Madame Secretary. It's been on my To Watch list forever.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
ID channel. Grave mysteries. About a guy who killed this chick he was flirting with on kik app. They had a strange relationship. The guy was a jerk. I would have told him to pound sand and get lost when he goes all wiggly on her.

lavishsqualor

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I happen to be at the gym right now on the treadmill watching "Sherlock." My rule is that I do not watch "Sherlock" unless I'm at the gym. I enjoy the show so much that it motivates me to go every day. Once I've watched the whole series it's going to get bad unless I can find another Gym Show!

Ardina

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I just discovered The Man in the High Castle. It explores what it would be like if the Allied Powers lost WWII. Pretty interesting!

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
I'm watching Carl Sagan's Cosmos right now. Sagan is a hero of mine. I was about eighteen when I discovered his work, and immediately fell in love with it. I actually cried when I learned he had passed away when I was nine.
Loved that man, his books, and that series.

Nothing exciting here--CBS evening news. :yawn:

dahli6

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am watching a Korean series called Revolutionary Love.
A friend also loaned me her xfinity account so I can watch The Good Doctor. The original series was brilliant, thought provoking and sometimes really very sweet. I wanted to see if an American remake would be any good.
The last thing I actually watched though was Philip Defranco.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
A friend also loaned me her xfinity account so I can watch The Good Doctor.
I watched The Good Doctor on demand this afternoon. I absolutely love that show and working in special education it is very near and dear to my :redheartpump:

dahli6

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I watched The Good Doctor on demand this afternoon. I absolutely love that show and working in special education it is very near and dear to my :redheartpump:
I am going to watch episode 3 today. My brother is Autistic and my daughter has PDD-NOS. The subject is near to my heart too.
It is originally a Korean series and when I saw the original it gave me a very good feeling.
Some elements of the original were a bit too extreme for American tv. The dad in the American version is not so bad compared to the original dad.
The show reinforced my feelings that moderately Autistic people can achieve the goals they seek. That they can live quite normally.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I actually met Carl Sagan, once. It was a very long time ago. I was working in a Boston Hospital, as an Ultrasound Tech. I forget which marriage he was on at that time ~~ yes, he was married a few times..

He was in Boston for a Conference. Cosmos was already aired and was a huge success, and he was famous.

Anyway, Carl Sagan's current wife was pregnant and for whatever reason, needed an ultrasound.

There was a huge hubbub in the department about him. We were sure the Supervisor would do the scan.. In fact, the other Sonographers, all women with many more years experience than me, were chastising the supervisor (male) about how he would automatically take over. Lo and Behold, it was my turn to do a patient.
Yup, guess who it was!!! I was scared blank-less. I gave the requisition to the Super, who automatically refused to take it... I was shocked.. the other techs were appalled...
But the Supervisor stuck to his guns.. I think he wanted to infuse some confidence in me.

Can you imagine ME, me, scanning a pregnant woman with her husband, Carl Sagan, behind me.. ME trying to explain things!!! OMG!!! It was an honor but torture at the same time.. I mean, what if I made a mistake, what if I stumbled and stammered??
I was almost shaking..

He was so nice.. acting as if he did not understand what was going on, and indulging me to do my 'thing'...

Still shaking my head about the entire episode.. was it a dream? did it really occur?
Me explaining Ultrasound to an astronomer, and that person being Carl Sagan !!!!

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I actually met Carl Sagan, once. It was a very long time ago. I was working in a Boston Hospital, as an Ultrasound Tech. I forget which marriage he was on at that time ~~ yes, he was married a few times..

He was in Boston for a Conference. Cosmos was already aired and was a huge success, and he was famous.

Anyway, Carl Sagan's current wife was pregnant and for whatever reason, needed an ultrasound.

There was a huge hubbub in the department about him. We were sure the Supervisor would do the scan.. In fact, the other monographers, all women with many more years experience than me, were chastising the supervisor (male) about how he would automatically take over. Lo and Behold, it was my turn to do a patient.
Yup, guess who it was!!! I was scared blank-less. I gave the requisition to the Super, who automatically refused to take it... I was shocked.. the other techs were appalled...
But the Supervisor stuck to his guns.. I think he wanted to infuse some confidence in me.

Can you imagine ME, me, scanning a pregnant woman with her husband, Carl Sagan, behind me.. ME trying to explain things!!! OMG!!! It was an honor but torture at the same time.. I mean, what if I made a mistake, what if I stumbled and stammered??
I was almost shaking..

He was so nice.. acting as if he did not understand what was going on, and indulging me to do my 'thing'...

Still shaking my head about the entire episode.. was it a dream? did it really occur?
Me explaining Ultrasound to an astronomer, and that person being Carl Sagan !!!!
Oh, wow. I would've just:thud:

Thank you so much for sharing that :clap: