What are you getting Mom for Mother's Day

blondiecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Me I got Mom a water heater. She called me the other day and was upset because the water heater she had was leaking water. She had this water heater as long as I can remember. I know that Mom couldn't afford to go and get a new one so I bought her one for Mother's day.

She was so happy to see it yesterday, Imagine a water heater making someone happy
It wasn't a personal item just for her and in a way it was. Under the threat of a butt whipping from Mom, I got the biggest smile from her. That was worth any butt whipping she wants to give me

cazx01

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i would answer this but i cant, because mothers day has already been over here, it was on march 14th, but ill tell u what i got her, a big bunch of flowers and i took her out for a meal

dawnofsierra

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I got my Mom a beautiful little statuette that she's been wanting for some time. Sierra is sending her a "best Nana in the world" card, and Sierra and I both are sending her flowers. I'm going home for a couple of days next week, and on the way I'm going to stop at a field down the road that is full of the most beautiful flowers to pick her a bouquet. She always feels that's even more special than anything I buy for her.

KittenKrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I took my mom out to lunch Wednesday (Sneaky Pete's, don't laugh too hard, for us its a treat, lol), and I have a nice card and a couple of cat statues for her flower garden. We'll give Charlies mom a nice card and probably some money, 'cause living on a limited income, that's the one thing she can use the most! I'll still probably pick her up some little something to go with it, just to say " I took the time to think of you", 'cause I have a wonderful MIL.

suzy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I've got a mom, a step-mom, and a mother-in-law, and I am usually really good about getting specific gifts for each. This year I have been so busy that I got them all the same thing - a sample pack of different lotions from Bath & Body works. I actually managed to get them all wrapped and mailed out early this week, so they should even get them on time!

yoviher

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok.... I have had to make a conspiracy to get the gift, as I went to the mall with my mom.

When I found myself alone I went to buy the two things I was planning to get for her: A beauty cream she loves and the ever pricy Shalimar perfume which is her favorite. Then, I had to go running out of the store to avoid being found by her... and tucked them in my deepest pockets of my jacket (very heavy and sweaty for a tropical summer)...

But I've got it all... tomorrow's the day.

KittenKrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by yoviher

Ok.... I have had to make a conspiracy to get the gift, as I went to the mall with my mom.

When I found myself alone I went to buy the two things I was planning to get for her: A beauty cream she loves and the ever pricy Shalimar perfume which is her favorite. Then, I had to go running out of the store to avoid being found by her... and tucked them in my deepest pockets of my jacket (very heavy and sweaty for a tropical summer)...

But I've got it all... tomorrow's the day.
Victor, its always fun when you can surprise them like that, and they wonder when you were able to get it past them!

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Two presents...one is two flavors of strudel from an online specialty bakery...due to her chemo tx's she doesn't have much of an appetite right now, so I'm hoping these will tempt her. If not, she doesn't have much energy either, but still has friends over etc., so she could use this as something nice to serve guests.

The second present is a poster using photos my dh and I have taken this year during the Skagit Valley Tulip festival.

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I got Mom a blown-glass high-heeled shoe and a card, with kitties on it. I bought a nice card and a "#1 Mom" T-shirt for Sam.

If I know Bill, he will get me chocolates and he's taking me to Pinnacle Peak Steakhouse, for dinner.

fluffy'smom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
This year nothing
My dh lost his job and we have $0 money right now.

tamme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was going to get my mom a pedicure at this very nice spa in town but then she called me and told me that last year she was very hurt and disappointed at the lack of attention she got from us three kids (which is a load of b.s. because I went to a lot of trouble to get her the very personalized gift that I did get her) so she was "taking the initiative" and telling us that she expected more from us this year.

So, with that ringing in my ears I talked to my brothers, who didn't even know Mother's day was this month, and we decided on a movie night which was something that we could all do together and wasn't "gay" (my brothers term for stupid and boring [they're young])

Then I talked to my mom today and she told me that her emotions lately have been a result of the grieving process she thought she was over with from when her b/f died 3 months ago. She apologized and said whatever we did would be nice. So I'm still going to do the pedicure thing but I'm going to spend about $50 on exfoliators and lotions and have a girls day at her place - without my brothers. They can do they're own thing.

<3baci-n-system

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
i was gonna get my mom more tanning sessoins, but i couldn't find the "right" place she likes to go. so i ended up going to target and getting her the new a.f.i. cd, godsmack and incubus. and i got her a nice candle/candleholder. plus were all going out to eat later...and of course i have to get flowers still before i get to her house!! and i got my grandmother flowers too of course! and 3 cute windchimes and a coffee bean candle thingy.

jenng

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got my mom a garden statue that she wanted and baked her an Irish cream cheesecake. She just picked them both up now and left happy.