What are we ??

Blueberryandmittens

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have been trying and trying for years to figure out what these two are. both are very sociable, friendly and will follow me around the house.

blueberry is the lilac point- but I am not sure if she is a snowshoe, ragdoll mix or ragamuffin.

Mittens is black and white- not sure if he is a snowshoe or a ragamuffin

They are from the same mother a calico and their siblings were full colour and one looked Siamese.

Attachments

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You have beautiful cats! They look very happy, loved, and well cared for, too :redheartpump:

I would describe Blueberry as a blue point and white domestic longhair. She's not a lilac point; lilac would be significantly lighter. Blue point is a lovely color, and it fits her name better than lilac point, too ;). I would describe Mittens as a black and white domestic longhair.

The colorpoint gene (which causes the pointed pattern) is recessive, and originally came from the Siamese about 70 years ago, but at this time it is widespread in the domestic cat gene pool and doesn't indicate recent breed ancestry. Most cats, both shorthair and longhair, are not any particular breed. That doesn't make them any less gorgeous or special, though... domestic longhairs are great cats!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Blueberryandmittens

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Forgot to add

Blueberry all of her four paws are white , blue eyes and are slanted

Mittens all four paws are white

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Blueberryandmittens

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I have been trying and trying for years to figure out what these two are. both are very sociable, friendly and will follow me around the house.

blueberry is the lilac point- but I am not sure if she is a snowshoe, ragdoll mix or ragamuffin.

Mittens is black and white- not sure if he is a snowshoe or a ragamuffin

They are from the same mother a calico and their siblings were full colour and one looked Siamese.
To add to what is said earlier:

Snowshoe are shorthairs and points, with siamese as base. so they are lean too.

So Mittens cant be a somewhat snowshoe look alike, even if he has the same colors.
He must contend himself with being a somewhat Ragamuffin look alike. :) Especielly as Ragamuffins may be in all colors.

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise