What Are Some of Your Most Loved Tearjerker Films or Books and a Favorite Scene?šŸ˜æ

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I love movies and reading.

I think one of those most tear jerking moments is in Gone with the Wind while Scarlett is saying goodbye to Melly on her deathbed.

Losing Isaiah when Social Services comes to take him back to Carly, can hardly breathe I cry so hard at that scene.

What are some of yours?

Post again as they come to you

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's dog films for me lassie come home, the end when lassie goes to wait at the school. And A dog's journey got me I was crying everytime Bailey died so much when the film finished I had tears running down my face. My husband was laughing and I could only say stupid cryie dog film.:lol:

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
the Doctor Who episode "Vincent and the Doctor"
Oh, my goodness! Yes! every time! What a beautiful, moving, amazing episode.

Some of the movies: The end of "The Ghost and Mrs. Muir", Iron Man's death, and the end of "Shakespeare in Love."

Some TV series: Obviously, "Vincent and the Doctor", most of the last episode of "The Detectorists", and parts of "The Handmaid's Tale," specifically when June and the others get the children on the plane and it lands in Canada and when Emily and baby Nicole are found on the Canadian coast and she says they need sanctuary.

Books: "The Book Theif", when Henry kisses Clare's scar in "The Time Traveler's Wife", and most of the end of "The Scarlet Letter."

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I loved Castaway with Tom Hanks. My favorite uplifting dialog from the scene where he realizes that his former girlfriend will never be with him again:

ā€œAnd I know what I have to do now. I gotta keep breathing. Because tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bringā€.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
When Sophie is telling Stingo what the Nazi's made her choose in Sophie's Choice, book and movie.
Oh, I sob when I either read it or watch the movie.

Jemima Lucca

Forever a feline fanšŸ’•
Super Cat
Purraise
ā€œDances with Wolvesā€: the whole movie because killing of an entire nation; the stealing of their homelands and their established culture. Itā€™s shows the arrogance of the people who raped their land. It breaks my heart because I know 1st hand how it devastated their ability to have a healthy family life. The children of the next generations are, to this day, suffering for this travesty...

Jemima Lucca

Forever a feline fanšŸ’•
Super Cat
Purraise
What I neglected to say was the movie also portrays the integrity of the inner strength that native Americans have. Also the compassion of humanity when they realize the suffering of another, whether human or animal. That also makes me cry. Most people are good inside. We do care or how can we make a difference in our pets lives! Iā€™m grateful for the unconditional love my cats have for me šŸ’•šŸ± sorry for the rant but Iā€™m really upset about the plight of our Australian friends and the loss theyā€™re suffering; animals, homelands and themselves...

glittercat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
The Green Mile - I bawled my head off through the book AND the film :(

Oh, and the documentary 'Luna' - it's about a male killer whale calf who got separated from his mother and who spent 5 years in Nootka Sound, an ocean inlet of Western Vancouver Island.

It is possibly the saddest thing I have ever seen and I was sobbing all through it. I can actually feel a lump in my throat even now while I'm thinking about it.

Luna (killer whale) - Wikipedia