What are some of silly things..

mom2salemisis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Orig. from Texas.. Currently in Minnesota (again)
we have my daughters fish tank in our room for now( her fish got sick so we moved them) she has 3 gold fish the biggest one is the size of the palm of my hand and 3 smaller fish i often wake up in the middle of the night cause the fish like to "rearrange their tank" the always pick up rocka nd throw them everywhere they ae very loud especially when they spit them at the glass lol im always grumblin " stop spitting rocks your making too much noise"

i have too many things that i say to salem, ailey and merlin to mention lol

arcadian girl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I say things when I'm alone with Wonton that I wouldn't in a million years say with people around.

Things like, when he comes up to me to be petted, and I pat my lap and he hops up and I'm petting him: "Aww, are you my booboo? Are you my booboo boy? What am I going to do with you, huh? You're just a fat cat. You're just a big boy.. just a big baby.. Are you my booboo boy? are you a fat cat? What am I gonna do with this big guy?"

and ect.

His tail always seems to have a mind of it's own, so when it acts up, I say "Is that your tail? That tail has a mind of it's own, doesn't it." When he plays with it/bites it, I'll say "Booboo thats your OWN tail - don't bite your own tail. You need to keep that tail in line - whip it into shape and don't let it sass you".

trinettec

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thier favorite phrase for momma to say is "Are we hungries babies?" Because that means it is feeding time. Then there are the usual:
Get off my keyboard!
You had better not be calling China! (when one of them is walking on the speaker phone)
Where did you take my--
*pen?
*toothebrush?
*hair brush?
*hair tie? Or whatever else I cant find.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Mom2SalemIsis

" stop spitting rocks your making too much noise"
Finally someone admits to talking to their fish!

I talk to my geckos
To my male golden gecko who likes to bark, I'll ask " what was that?" or "what do you want?".. it's funny when he barks back.

My young juvie leopard gecko has quickly become a favorite. "Are you hungry sweety?" "noo, I can't get you out to play right now" (when he begs to come out of his cage).

To my baby turtles when they're up before their lights come on or after their lights are off. "why are you up so early?" "it's passed your bed time, naughty baby, go to bed" or commonly used "MY FINGERS ARE NOT FOOD!"

More people need to fess up.

ryanjay

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
well I talk to my guys all the time but hands down....Took benjamin to vet while ago and it was his first visit to that vet and they needed to look at his...rear end.... hes a urinary tract kity on rx food...and tech was going to hold him down I was like "nah not necassary....hes a hand raised brat"-"benny show mommy your peepees and i sat with him-legs open wide on my lap...vet got a kick out of it...and was happy to ahve a easy going cat ")!

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When Sebastian is doing something he shouldn't be, I threaten "Kitten Mittens!" meaning that he is just the right size to be made into said items. Doesn't faze him in the least, though.

When it is sweet talk, usually something along the lines of "how's my snoogy woogy punkin bear?" or "my most favoritest baby boy in the whole wide world".

Late night wake-ups with kneading action usually get "those are NOT pillows!"

I, too, carry on entire conversations with him. I swear, if I actually manage to graduate this spring with my B.S. it will be his doing. He saves my sanity every day. Sometimes I wonder about my effect on him

Love this thread! Now I know I'm not the only one

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This thread has been a riot to look at.

And I talk to my dog Opie all the time, I say just whatever I wanna say.

wesley's mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I say a lot to my kitty "Who's a handsome kitty?!" or "Who's a cutie? Look at my cutie kitty!" or "Oh my kitty. What a good boy. Yes you are." Plenty of silly things like that.
I talk to him all the time! We must all sound pretty funny talking to our fur balls! I love reading what other people say!