What am I?

Zara12345

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Please describe me. I was rescued and now adopted and will be leaving for my new home soon. Wish me luckšŸ„°
20220902_135347.jpg

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
This kitten is pretty young (and very pretty!), based on the blue eyes, which will likely change color over the next few weeks. But it looks to be a dilute tortoiseshell - and, if that were to be the case, it is more than likely a female, as male torties are rare. It could turn out to be longhaired, but that will better be determined when it gets a bit older. The tail, if bushy, would be a better indicator of the possibility of a longhaired cat.

How old is this kitten, btw?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Zara12345

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
This kitten is pretty young (and very pretty!), based on the blue eyes, which will likely change color over the next few weeks. But it looks to be a dilute tortoiseshell - and, if that were to be the case, it is more than likely a female, as male torties are rare. It could turn out to be longhaired, but that will better be determined when it gets a bit older. The tail, if bushy, would be a better indicator of the possibility of a longhaired cat.

How old is this kitten, btw?
Hi yes she is young, about 7 weeks I am guessing. So I'll be giving her away when she's 9 to 10 weeks old.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Where did she come from?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Zara12345

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Where did she come from?
She was being sold by a seller on the street in the hot sun. I knew that he wouldn't have let her go so I bought her (for a hefty sum) but I knew I would have never been able to leave her because the moment I carried her she clung to my arms like she was pleading me not to give her back to him. I did want to keep her but I have found a good family who will be happy to take her. And she may not look like it but she's all skin and bones. I can literally feel every bone in her spine but she's got a very good appetite so hopefully she gains weight soon.
Also if you're wondering, I am in Africa and its very poverty stricken here so there's no strict rules against selling animals on the street. I even witnessed it today right in front of the police... it is very sad but what's more sad is that people here don't even have the means to feed themselves that they have to resort to all sorts of unethical means to barely make ends meet.
Apologies for the lengthy message... just wanted to clarify the details coz things here are not quiet as they are in the rest of the world.

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Please describe me. I was rescued and now adopted and will be leaving for my new home soon. Wish me luckšŸ„° View attachment 430742
She looks like a dlh tortie to me, not dilute, she has black. A gorgeous baby and thank you for saving her, I hope she gets a good home ā¤ Please try to fatten her up before she gets adopted and spay her if possible as well before.