What Am I?

Suru

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I’m pretty sure it’s a domestic something or rather mix, I have posted a pic of his whole family and would like to know more about the hidden and visible characteristics my little guy has :)

Top left: Dad
Top right: Mom
Bottom left: sister
Bottom right: my cat

Okay, he’s grown a bit now and looks much less scruffy, so here are some current photos

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Your kitty is so cute! His whole family is quite good-looking. :lovecat:

I would describe both dad and sister as a red tabby and white Domestic Longhairs. I think that both your cat and his mom would be called red tabby and white Domestic Shorthairs. I can see the pattern on your kitty more clearly, so you could call him a red mackeral tabby and white Domestic Shorthair, if you want to be more specific. I love his little socks and mittens!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Suru

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Your kitty is so cute! His whole family is quite good-looking. :lovecat:

I would describe both dad and sister as a red tabby and white Domestic Longhairs. I think that both your cat and his mom would be called red tabby and white Domestic Shorthairs. I can see the pattern on your kitty more clearly, so you could call him a red mackeral tabby and white Domestic Shorthair, if you want to be more specific. I love his little socks and mittens!
Wow, thank you for the analysis! He doesn't shed very much, does that mean he has less layers in his coat? I find it interesting that he doesn't have the long ear fluffies his other family members have

I love this picture of your cat. He is smiling.
Thanks! sometimes he has that little smirk :cool: lol!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Suru

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Is that whole beautiful family with you now?
How gorgeous!
Oh no, just the one. My friend adopted his sister and his parents are barn cats belonging to my friend’s neighbour.

I occassionally bring Baguette over (my cat) to play with Pudding (his sister). Originally my friend’s neighbour really wanted me to take both because there were only two in that litter and they grew up together. i felt super bad about splitting them up, but I could only afford to take care of one cat in the long run.

On the bright side, despite the fact they get along great and love each other, they’re both pretty independant cats due to their “barn cat heritage”, so separating them didn’t cause separation anxiety or anything.

Not long after I took Baguette home, Pudding appeared at my friend’s door, meowing. We think maybe daddy tom cat was becoming too much for her? So my friend let Pudding in and she mader herself right at home. when my friend told her neighbours about it, they said, well, why don’t you keep her? And the rest was history.

So in a happy ending, they now get to see each other pretty often , and both have happy healthy homes!