what am I?

kencolleen

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I don't know if the picture showed up. my caption for it was: "I've been here two days and they still haven't found me" this is Gizmo McGoofy. he will be 5 years old in May. We got him three years ago from a shelter. unfortunately he does not get along with other animals especially cats. I know he's a type of tabby,I was wondering if anybody can help me with any more specifics. He seems to have very unique markings. I was told he's a rare cat. He's priceless to us.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
He is a classic tabby, called also for marbled or blotched tabby.   Classic, not because its that common, but because in some languages, when they say tabby, they mean THIS tabby.

The color is black and silver I think.  He has also some white.

So it will be black and silver classic tabby with white, I think.   The reddish I think its rufism, really a fault on a show cat, but nobody else cares the least.

A handsome boy!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kencolleen

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
View media item 263239

These are also pictures of Gizmo Mcgoofy. I have seen so many different markings on cats. I was told he was a torbie. Is this not true. it is hard to get the best picture.Thanks to all who take time to help. It does not matter what he is just curiosity. We love him more than I could ever express. This is a wonderful site. to let people celebrate thier cats and to get great help with advise. 

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Right, on the last pic we see more clearly its not just some reddish rufism, he is red down there for real.  Thus, tortoiseshell and tabby - commonly called for torbie...

Its also clear he hasnt just some white on his paws, he has quite a lot of white, the whole underside and chest...

You could probably call him for a classical torbie tuxedo if you so wish, although tuxedo is usually not used for tabbies nor torbies.

Last edited: