What age should I adopt this kitten at?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittyspaceb

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Siamnaco- she's doing great :) however I thing she's having a bad reaction to the medication that she's taking for her upper respiratory infection. Her poops were before but now they're really runny! So if the diarrhea doesn't stop by Monday im gonna have to take her in to the vet.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
K kittyspaceb

Antibiotics can cause diarrhea. Give her a tablespoon of plain, canned pumpkin daily, or a tablespoon or two of full-fat yogurt daily. Both will help to firm up her poop.

Also, sprinkle the contents of a probiotic capsule into her wet food. That will also help the flora balance in her gut. Probiotics are always recommended during a course of antibiotics.

Is her URI improving?

siamnaco

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
You should start her on a probiotic. Is she taking Clavamox? My vet gave me a prescription of Proviable DC because the antibiotic will kill all of the bacteria (both good and bad) and kitty's need good bacteria. You can get the Proviable a lot cheaper thru Chewy or Amazon, but given the immediate need you may want to consider buying another brand thru your vet or at a pet store.

Good luck!

Last edited: