What a jerk!

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bless you for your courage & heart!!
I know that at the moment, you don't have much support in your crusade to help these cats, but here's some TCS magic to help you out!! {{{Prayers & vibes}}} for you & the cats! I wish that I were closer, to help out. If you are willing to try to do some recruiting in the neighborhood, maybe the articles from Alley Cat Allies will help: http://www.alleycat.org/resources.html
Have you tried the town or the county tax assessor's office to find the company that owns the railroad? Maybe someone from AlleyCat Allies could give you some tips on what to say when you contact them; maybe even draft a letter for you to send. Also, maybe you could get some free legal aid, just to get a lawyer's advice - you could go to www.nysba.org (New York State Bar Association) or www.lawhelp.org/ny and find an attorney who's willing to donate some pro-bono work. www.animallaw.info has information on the rights of animals, state by state. If worst comes to worst, or you are feeling gutsy, you could contact your local Methodist church and see if the congregation might be willing to help the cats & the homeless people, both very important areas of ministry for the church. I know that my ideas sound "way out" but I feel so badly that you are having to deal with these situation alone. {{{Prayers & vibes}}} for protection & encouragement for the cats & you, and that the mean neighbor gets a change of heart (yeah, that's a big one I know, but hey, miracles can & do happen!) Please keep us posted! :eek:kay: Susan

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is what I did one time and you may not get any replies but I did once from a woman who had a huge barn for feral cats and she bought and fed them good quality food and neutered and vaccinated them all and everything. So you never know...there may be a good person out there that is willing to help...

I posted an ad on petfinder.com under pets for adoption simply saying I have a feral/stray cat who needs a home. Tell a little about the cat; looks, temperment, etc. Maybe, just maybe someone out there will come along and help you out. It is a loooong shot and I would certainly contact some of the other people first. But I think it is worth a try, at least in the mean time.

Also, is the cat you feed friendly? Could you trap it and keep it as a pet?

kittenkiya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is there any possible way that you can gradually move where you feed the cats, to the forested area?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

keith p

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I already tried moving they wont budge. Besides raccons and red-tailed hawks live in the forest, so the cats are safer hidden by the railroad, as long as they stay away from the tracks which they do pretty well now.

furryferals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not psychic,I just see through people
Originally Posted by catsknowme

Bless you for your courage & heart!!
I know that at the moment, you don't have much support in your crusade to help these cats, but here's some TCS magic to help you out!! {{{Prayers & vibes}}} for you & the cats! I wish that I were closer, to help out. If you are willing to try to do some recruiting in the neighborhood, maybe the articles from Alley Cat Allies will help: http://www.alleycat.org/resources.html
Have you tried the town or the county tax assessor's office to find the company that owns the railroad? Maybe someone from AlleyCat Allies could give you some tips on what to say when you contact them; maybe even draft a letter for you to send. Also, maybe you could get some free legal aid, just to get a lawyer's advice - you could go to www.nysba.org (New York State Bar Association) or www.lawhelp.org/ny and find an attorney who's willing to donate some pro-bono work. www.animallaw.info has information on the rights of animals, state by state. If worst comes to worst, or you are feeling gutsy, you could contact your local Methodist church and see if the congregation might be willing to help the cats & the homeless people, both very important areas of ministry for the church. I know that my ideas sound "way out" but I feel so badly that you are having to deal with these situation alone. {{{Prayers & vibes}}} for protection & encouragement for the cats & you, and that the mean neighbor gets a change of heart (yeah, that's a big one I know, but hey, miracles can & do happen!) Please keep us posted! :eek:kay: Susan
wow !!!
what a great idea i mean,trying to get help from a local church,thats something that wouldn't have even crossed my mind,after all the cats are gods creatures
as well,and they wouldn't have been in that position if it hadn't been for irresponsible pet owners(if only the ignoramus' knew what they have done!!!
)they make me soooo angry!!!

best wishes with all your efforts keith

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I never cease to be amazed at the way some people rationalize cruelty. This empty lot is a dumping ground for homeless cats and homeless people alike... and the longer they stay there, unwanted, isolated, struggling for mere survival, the less chance there is that they can ever regain their balance, rebuild their confidence, and find their way into happier, more comfortable lives.

We who are more fortunate should be reaching out to all of these lost souls, feline and human. And any law that makes it a crime to ease a fellow creature's hunger is a law that needs to be broken.

Keith, I hope there is a true church in your community, one that understands the meaning of "whatsoever you do for the least of these, that you do also for me." Maybe such a church would open its heart to ALL the homeless who share that lot.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

keith p

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got in contact with the town about the lot, they are checking it out for me, and asking that guy some questions, (dont know what?) If nobody owns it which I doubt anyone does, they may fix it up and get rid of all the garbage and plant a garden. Mabye a kind soul will see the cats and help (I told about the cats I had been feeding), but if they fix it up at least no ordinary person can tresspass anymore, and hopefully not "hang out", which people do right now and have a chance to harm a cat if they wanted to. Think of it this way, if a place is nice looking and has a garden, do you really think it will be a popular hangout for teenagers anymore? I doubt it. Id like to see that guys face if they start plowing and banging and make noise that it irratates him, and mabye ask about the cats to him. Ha ha he cant complain to Local Authorities in the manner like he did to me, he will have to grin and bear it now.