Wet Food Vs Cooked Fish

moaning minnie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello Moaning Minnie here
Do any of you feed your cats cooked cod fillets instead of cat food my little one has gone off cat food and now will only eat the fish she also has dried biscuits she can get at all day but I am just worried she isnt getting all the vitamins she needs she also has cat treats and cooked ham in between i keep thinking she looks thinner than before but she has started going off on her travels more now

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cats do enjoy fish based cat foods. Maybe you can try some different brands of those? I am a bit Leary of feeding home cooked fish very often. It can actually deplete some of the vitamins and cause a cat health issues. Canned cat food will have the added vitamins needed to avoid those problems.

If she has not had a good vet visit recently i would advise that as a first step. She may need parasite treatment, especially as you say she has lost weight? That would be my advice, have a good vet visit, and find a cat food that she will enjoy, there are many fish based options out there, may just take a little trial and error. And keep the fresh kibble out as well, plus lots of fresh cold water.. :heartshape: