Wet food recommendations

ChunkyNaomBaby

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So recently my cats have decided that they don’t like their wet food anymore. This isn’t new, I have changed their wet food around 5 times since I got hem 2 1/2 years ago. They went from Purina pro plan kitten food, to friskies , to meow mix, to fancy feast touch of cream, to fancy feast grilled seafood, and Sheba perfect proportions, and back to fancy feast grilled seafood. As you can tell I didn’t know much about nutrition when I got them. It was only recently that I began reading threads here about how important cat nutrition is. I don’t have the money to feed them anything too expensive, but I still want to get a good quality wet food. I recently changed their dry food to Purina one sansitive skin and stomach, and they have liked it so far.
They love broths and gravies, the more in their wet food the better. They don’t like pates, or big chunks. They love shreds and flakes of chicken and fish. They like chicken, turkey, and fish flavors. They don’t really care for beef.
I really want to find a wet food that they will like, that keeps them healthy, and doesn’t cost too much. I generally try to stay under 1 dollar per can. All recommendations are welcome.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi!
I don't know the consistency, but have you looked at Merrick's Purrfect Bistro Grammy's Pot Pie, or Fussy Cat, or Authority? Or Blue Wilderness Wild Delights?

This could be helpful - I don't know whether it's being maintained, but it still could be useful as a starting point;

Canned Cat food Spreadsheets

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
There is certainly nothing wrong with rotating their food around, using all the foods you have already fed. As a matter of fact, I highly recommend doing just that, so they won't get tired of it. Fancy Feast has many other choices besides the grilled seafood. If they don't like pate, just stay away from what is called Classics = those are pate. I really don't think they have anything that has large chunks in them. And they have many different lines. My cats personally do not like any FF with the exception of the Florentine line, and then just occasionally. But Sheba is similar. Just look to make sure it doesn't say Pate. They don't have as many flavors or lines, but do have some, and in my opinion, are better than FF because they don't use artificial flavorings (if that matters to you).

I have found that my cats will suddenly not like their food, and when I withhold it for a short while, then they will start liking it again. That's why rotating their food can be quite helpful. You can even rotate it for every meal.