Wet Food Help

Tillybug

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The pates are the same as the classics in Canada. Most of the time you can get it at PetSmart for between 50-55c a can and they have 10 different pate flavours. My cats won’t eat anything else so I’ve done my research on this.

cifelliac

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My kitten is 4 months old, 4.4lbs. I'm currently feeding him one 3oz can of nutro or wellness and 1 nugget of primal raw daily with as much dry food as he wants on the side. The dry is Instinct kitten. This is costing me just over $100 a month.

I'm a full time college student so this is a bit steep for me. Are there cheaper wet food options that are still good? I was primarily looking at whiskas or fancy feast. Are these brands any good for kittens? I'm not interested in preparing my own food. I just don't have the time or equipment for that. Thanks!
I know this thread is old, but I read that your cat will not eat the wet food after you refrigerate it. My cat Annabelle has the same problem, so we use wet food that comes in "perfect portions" such as Whiskas. It comes in Pate and now Chunks in Gravy. We've tried other options like Fancy Feast and Frieskies (since Costo sells a 48 pack super cheap) but she won't eat any of them after being refrigerated either.

Iams also recently came out with a similar perfect portions package, as well as Nutro. Whiskas is the cheapest at around 90c each. If you find flavours your cat likes, you can buy the variety packs after that make them around 65c each.

Whiskas and Iams you can get at Walmart. Whiskas I always see at grocery stores, although they have not as many flavour options.

EmmiTemmi

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I know this thread is old, but I read that your cat will not eat the wet food after you refrigerate it.
Some cats don't like cold food because either the smell isn't as pronounced once it's been chilled, or I've heard some cats get tummy aches from cold food.

You can try pouring warm water over the chilled food and mixing it in, or microwaving it (in a microwave safe bowl!) for a short time to get the aromas wafting off of it. One of my boys won't eat his raw from the fridge unless it's been warmed up.

cifelliac

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Some cats don't like cold food because either the smell isn't as pronounced once it's been chilled, or I've heard some cats get tummy aches from cold food.

You can try pouring warm water over the chilled food and mixing it in, or microwaving it (in a microwave safe bowl!) for a short time to get the aromas wafting off of it. One of my boys won't eat his raw from the fridge unless it's been warmed up.
Annabelle won't eat it even if it is warmed up after being in the fridge covered, as long as the can is opened she sniffs her nose up at it.

We guess it's because she is special needs, she's partially blind so her other senses are more elevated, like smell :(

But if it's RAW coming out of the fridge she has no problems gobbling it up siiigh