Wet food automatic feeder for raw?

koobe

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am looking for an automatic feeder for my kittens. I do prefer them to work very well with wet food. Right now I am free feeding them dry and they do not seem to over eat anyway. One thing is because they are kittens, and another reason is they like raw food more. Panther will eat dry, he actually prefers dry more than canned, but likes raw the most. Cheetah will take a few dry if he is hungry, used to like canned. But after I introduced them to raw, Cheetah isn't showing that much interest in canned. I have to observe for a longer time.

I work very long hours, 12 hours shifts (good that it is just 3 days in a week)so I am thinking of getting an automatic feeder. I would like one that will work with canned food, which I see they usually contain an ice pack. If the ice pack works for canned food, will it work for raw food?

Another question is, I usually warm up my kitties' food for them. Will they refuse to eat the cold canned food from the feeder?

Anyone has some experience with that? Please help! Thank you.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
There is only one I have ever seen that kept things cool and it was around 300$ .... now I suspect you could make one

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

koobe

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

There is only one I have ever seen that kept things cool and it was around 300$ .... now I suspect you could make one
Wow...If it works really well, I might get 2, since they are used to separate bowls... Oh wait, how much do I earn now?

Just curious, which one is it?

auntie crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A quick google search produces several links, most of them under $50. Here are a few:

Amazon.com, $35

Amazon.com, $23

Petsmart, $32

I think there is a thread around here somewhere that discusses the pros and cons of different cat feeders, too. That might help narrow down the search.