Wet FIP

stellaarmani

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi guys, Would someone be able to tell me how long my kitten has? She got diagnosed the day before yesterday and I have her on prednisone every 12 hours. All of the articles I've read says that this disease is pretty fast acting but I'd really appreciate some estimates from people that have gone through it themselves. She's still eating and going to the litter box and jumping onto the couch and the bed. She's a little less playful but still enjoys her belly rubs and cuddles. Also does prednisone help with the bloating in her abdomen? And should I get the fluid drained from her stomach? Would that make her more comfortable? I asked the vet if that was a good option and she said that because the fluid is minimal and in the stomach not the lungs, it wouldn't make much of a difference. I'm really new at this and I do trust my vet to some extent but I'd really really appreciate other opinions. Thank you so much from me and Stella

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I haven't been thru having a cat with FIP, but just want to express how sorry I am to hear about Stella

AS long as she is happy and able to breathe well, then just enjoy her, that's all I can say.  She may go downhill very quickly, so be prepared.  Did the Vet not give you even a range?  I guess it may depends on many, many factors

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

stellaarmani

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much [emoji]10084[/emoji]️️ She's pulling through. The vet said that it's hard to give an estimate because the disease can potentially give her days but if we're lucky we may get weeks or even months of her wonderful company.

sabi0194

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have not been through this myself but know some that have. the longest has been two months. The wet kind is the worst. Im so sorry love. I hate seeing other pet owners watch their babies go through this /: