Weruva, Natural Balance, Or Tiki Cat?

Pollosmom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello,

I am looking for high quality protein food, to keep my cat's enlarged liver stable. Which one is of good quality?

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Weruva is a low calorie food. Good quality but don't think it's worth the money

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Pollosmom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Weruva is a low calorie food. Good quality but don't think it's worth the money
Thank you so much for your quick response. Which cat food with high protein do you recommend?

Gizmobius

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I prefer Weruva and my kitten loves it. We used the Cats in the Kitchen line in the Fowl Ball flavor. I think it's a very high quality food and certainly worth the price.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hello,

I am looking for high quality protein food, to keep my cat's enlarged liver stable. Which one is of good quality?
If you are interested in Weruva, try the Soulistic line from Petco. it is their house brand and it is made by Weruva. The Weruva Paw Lickin Chicken and the Soulistic Goood Karma are identical. The Soulistic is cheaper though. If you are looking for foods like that, mine love the Nature's Recipe shredded chicken.

https://www.petco.com/shop/en/petco...ecipe-grain-free-chicken-adult-cat-food-trays

https://www.petco.com/shop/en/petco...chicken-dinner-adult-canned-cat-food-in-gravy

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I prefer Weruva and my kitten loves it. We used the Cats in the Kitchen line in the Fowl Ball flavor. I think it's a very high quality food and certainly worth the price.
I agree about the Cats in the Kitchen line: their canned foods are a great value with a lot of meat and no carby thickeners. Our cats enjoy them. Tiki is very decent food, too, though much more expensive; after recipe changes our cats don't like Tiki as much, though. I'm not a fan of Natural Balance because many of their foods have peas or other ingredients that I don't like feeding. To be fair, I haven't checked their ingredients recently.

I don't know what dietary limitations there might be for a cat with an enlarged liver but many of Weruva's foods are relatively low in phosphorus, which is why I started feeding them, to our previous cat who had mild kidney disease. Both Weruva and Soulistic (which Kat0121 Kat0121 mentioned) have detailed charts on their sites that show phosphorus, protein, and carb levels, among other things. Both those brands have some great high-protein foods but any of the ones with potato starch or tapioca thickeners generally have significantly higher carbs than I generally like to feed. If you're looking for serious protein with low carbs, Cats in the Kitchen cans and Tiki are good choices. Nutro Natural Choice is also pretty decent (and lots of cats love it!) and many of their foods don't have carrageenan. Our cats also like Rawz and Feline Natural canned foods. Rawz is a fairly new and reasonably priced pate. Feline Natural is a pate, too: it's more expensive but has excellent ingredients with no thickeners or vegetables. Two other pate brands with high protein and no veg fillers are Wild Calling and Hound and Gatos: they're not popular with our cats but they're very decent food. Our two cats have some digestive oddities so I have to be really careful to feed them high protein and low carbs!

If you haven't already seen it, you might check the food charts on Catinfo.org, here (link!) for breakdowns of protein/carb/fat.

Good luck!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Pollosmom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I agree about the Cats in the Kitchen line: their canned foods are a great value with a lot of meat and no carby thickeners. Our cats enjoy them. Tiki is very decent food, too, though much more expensive; after recipe changes our cats don't like Tiki as much, though. I'm not a fan of Natural Balance because many of their foods have peas or other ingredients that I don't like feeding. To be fair, I haven't checked their ingredients recently.

I don't know what dietary limitations there might be for a cat with an enlarged liver but many of Weruva's foods are relatively low in phosphorus, which is why I started feeding them, to our previous cat who had mild kidney disease. Both Weruva and Soulistic (which Kat0121 Kat0121 mentioned) have detailed charts on their sites that show phosphorus, protein, and carb levels, among other things. Both those brands have some great high-protein foods but any of the ones with potato starch or tapioca thickeners generally have significantly higher carbs than I generally like to feed. If you're looking for serious protein with low carbs, Cats in the Kitchen cans and Tiki are good choices. Nutro Natural Choice is also pretty decent (and lots of cats love it!) and many of their foods don't have carrageenan. Our cats also like Rawz and Feline Natural canned foods. Rawz is a fairly new and reasonably priced pate. Feline Natural is a pate, too: it's more expensive but has excellent ingredients with no thickeners or vegetables. Two other pate brands with high protein and no veg fillers are Wild Calling and Hound and Gatos: they're not popular with our cats but they're very decent food. Our two cats have some digestive oddities so I have to be really careful to feed them high protein and low carbs!

If you haven't already seen it, you might check the food charts on Catinfo.org, here (link!) for breakdowns of protein/carb/fat.

Good luck!
Thank you so much for this info!

poivre

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello,

If your cat likes Weruva paw lickin' chicken, I say go for it. That's your baby. Forget the price and get one less manicure. Second, but still pricey is Tiki Cat puka puka chicken.

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much for your quick response. Which cat food with high protein do you recommend?
I like natures variety, pride by instinct and one called "i and love and you." I feed those 3 brands to my cat.