Were going raw

xulili

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So after descussing and going over everything with both my vet and my husband. Were going to get 2 of our 3 on raw. Our 3ed is stedfasty protesting to the change and has zero interest in anything not cooked and would sooner starve or pick out the kibble and canned frood from the raw.

We have allready started giving them bits of raw meat as treats and small meals to transition them over. This week were going to start getting them on bone in an organ meats as well. My hope is to have a allmost kibble free home by the middle of next month.

So far Odin has taken to the raw with gusto and inhaled everything we put in front of him.
Loki is a half way he eats it as treats and little bits but I notice him comming around more when the raw is beign put out for Odin.
Phantom has no interest what so ever. Only ever really ate kibble sence we adopted her barely touches canned foods as well. She will be the hardest sell on this.

Wish us luck and I know this will be better for my little diabetic.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am glad you consulted your vet and found this a viable option... I know of many happy diabetic kitties on raw ...

auntie crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Xulili

So after descussing and going over everything with both my vet and my husband. Were going to get 2 of our 3 on raw. Our 3ed is stedfasty protesting to the change and has zero interest in anything not cooked and would sooner starve or pick out the kibble and canned frood from the raw.

We have allready started giving them bits of raw meat as treats and small meals to transition them over. This week were going to start getting them on bone in an organ meats as well. My hope is to have a allmost kibble free home by the middle of next month.

So far Odin has taken to the raw with gusto and inhaled everything we put in front of him.
Loki is a half way he eats it as treats and little bits but I notice him comming around more when the raw is beign put out for Odin.
Phantom has no interest what so ever. Only ever really ate kibble sence we adopted her barely touches canned foods as well. She will be the hardest sell on this.

Wish us luck and I know this will be better for my little diabetic.
That's awesome, Xulili! Many, many vibes and the very best of luck to you in the switch and in the health of your kitties.

Although, from the sounds of things, you've got the transition well in hand.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

xulili

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We had to put our dreams of raw on hold due to woden getting very ill and the fact he is no longer eating on his own. Were not going to give up though once he is better we back on with the plan.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

We had to put our dreams of raw on hold due to woden getting very ill and the fact he is no longer eating on his own. Were not going to give up though once he is better we back on with the plan.
that Woden get well fast

auntie crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Good heavens! What is he ill with? Many vibes for a quick recover!!