Wellness - new dry food formulas

minou-dad

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, I replied to a thread started 2 days after yours about this same problem. I found that thread earlier today after searching Google. I looked no further, joined and posted because it was relevant to my cat's experience.

Found yours just now while browsing the forum. So, I left the poster on the other thread a link to yours, and I will do the same here for hers. Perhaps we can all benefit from reading both. The other thread is here: http://www.thecatsite.com/t/272426/wellness-brand-help

My 3 year old has the same problem with loose stools after eating 4 days from a NOW even tastier bag of Wellness Complete Indoor. Took it back today and bought my kitty's previous food before I transitioned her to Wellness several months ago (Blue Buffalo Indoor). I hope by reverting to a food that never gave her problems, it will help to clear this up.

You know, I spent months researching and testing to find the 'right' food for her, one that she likes and that has no side effects and is praised by other users. This really is not cool. Message to Wellness: If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Thanks for listening - Mike

oneandahalfcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am in the process of transitioning to GO grain-free wet food for my crew. I have been feeding the Wellness Grain-free chicken, and while I have not had any problems with this food in terms of loose stools or vomiting in my cats, I have noticed the inconsistency with the consistency! Often-times there will be a layer of fat on top of the meat which I think is what contributes to the runny-ness, and other times the meat is a good consistency. In any event, I have been thinking about introducing another type of protein and picked up some GO Brand Duck by Petcurean and Natural Balance Venison and Green Pea. Everyone likes this so far.

Thanks Michael for posting the link to the other thread about Wellness Dry. You also confirmed the amount of Vitamin A of 5000 IU in the new formula - this was the most significant change in the new formula from what I can tell.

Its not clear to me just what in the Wellness is contributing to the loose stools. Everything seems to be the same as it was before, with the exception of an increased Vit A. Anyone with pets who are experiencing problems should contact the manufacturer and let them know so they can record the number of occurrences. If the food is causing pets to get sick, then Wellness needs to know about this and fix it.

The toll-free number for Wellness again is 1-800-225-0904

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

carol5280

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

Its not clear to me just what in the Wellness is contributing to the loose stools. Everything seems to be the same as it was before, with the exception of an increased Vit A. Anyone with pets who are experiencing problems should contact the manufacturer and let them know so they can record the number of occurrences. If the food is causing pets to get sick, then Wellness needs to know about this and fix it.

The toll-free number for Wellness again is 1-800-225-0904
I agree - please call Wellness and let them know if you are having issues. When I called they said that they hadn't had other reports (not that they would likely tell me if they did) but the place where I buy my food said they have had numerous reports. Considering my store is called Muttz and only about 5% of their inventory is cat products, I think that is pretty significant.  

Wellness may be having issues now but their customer service has always been stellar. They sent me several $5 off coupons this time and the last time I called about some puffed out cans.

yarra

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I think wellness' issue is the addition of MORE magnesium. Magnesium is used as a stool softener/laxative in HUMANS! So adding MORE to a cat food might really cause some problems!!!