well that was an odd race!

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gary just finished his first 24 Hours of LeMons race! Now, if you have never heard of the LeMons series... well.... its amusing thats for sure. It is an endurance race for $500 cars. Yes thats only two zeros... you have $500 dollars to spend on the car and to get it running, safety equipment does not count! So Gary's team was named the Squirting Corona's (long story that involved spraying other innocent customers at Hooters with a corona...) and they had a Mercedes Benz that they got for $26... yeah $26... It turned out great, Gary did all the decorations for the car, and Mike (a team mate) did a lot of the mechanical stuff with Gary's help! It poured the rain on us, which was crappy, but overall the weekend was great! They ended up finished 17th out of 80ish, and only had 2 black flags but both were just driver switch penalties, so that was good! No crazy tasks they had to do before going back out on the track! One team had a black flag and had to build one of the little wooden model planes before they could get back out! Another had to build an engine model out of things they found in their garage, trailer, and cars... It was awesome! But sadly some of the wives that went were not as into it, so we ended up heading back to the hotel fairly early Saturday night and missed Garage Wiffle Ball, A whole lot of drinking, and putting 44 people on top of a very large ford and making a lap around the paddock... yeah its an odd group of people!
The car did get some odd looks on the interstate on the way home last night!
It was dark and crappy and rainy most of the time... made us very glad we got one of the nascar garages!

back end

front

angry birds theme

The winning car, the tron car from Team Hong Norrth. We were in the garage next to them and they were a really nice group of people!

The IOE winner Team Tunachuckers.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes those are actual airplane pieces...

standings after Day 1

you never want to win the votes at a LeMons race! Luckily no one got crushed! This car got the most votes for peoples choice so they had to drive around paddock with cans of spray paint and let people paint whatever they wanted on the car.

All girls Miata team The Pink Ladies

tron car again

its like a shark fin...

little wet... gonna keep the wipers next time....

.... I dont think those will fit guys....

trophies!

And last but not least:
THE SQUIRTING CORONAS

They were also featured on http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com thanks to this lovely pic:

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/201...urs-of-lemons/

If you want to see all the pics, (beware... there are 344 total.) you can go to http://www.photobucket.com/squirtingcoronas
Note: there is some mild language in a few pics, but nothing horrible or graphic.

darkmavis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so not into cars except I'm happy when mine runs well, but that does look like a fun event! Great designs and decorations!

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by DarkMavis

I am so not into cars except I'm happy when mine runs well, but that does look like a fun event! Great designs and decorations!
LOL I know the feeling! Most of the girls there were like that, but they all had a blast! it was a lot of fun! And thank you! This is what happens when you have a vinyl cutter, you end up with awesome looking graphics on the car for very little cost! And very little painting!

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
if anyone is interesting in attending something like this it was $30 for a weekend pass and that got you unrestricted access to the track! And for teams the cost if significantly higher based on what you already have and what you need! Yes the cars are $500 but a lot of money goes towards safety gear and equipment. I think the racing suit alone was $300, but I'd rather him be safe than cheap!