Well, she certainly is brown...

maewkaew

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
oh my gosh she is gorgeous. She got her color because she has 2 copies of an alternate allele instead of Black. At the Black locus, there can be Black (B) which the great majority of cats have, though it can be modified or overridden by other genes, or Brown aka Chocolate (b) , or Cinnamon (b1). I think she is probably chocolate. ( Chocolate and White, of course.) She is lighter than many chocolates , so that's why people aren't sure if it's chocolate or cinnamon. In the first photo it looks more cinnamon than the other 2 photos. Cinnamon would be even more unusual.

Chocolate originally turned up in Siamese and Burmese. Cinnamon I think came from Abyssinians. but both these colors have been been bred into some other breeds where many colors are allowed. One doesn't see this often in domestics, but the genes have gotten spread somewhat into the general cat population so if 2 cats with these genes mate , this beauty is the result.

orientalslave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope Lola will have some cinnamon or fawn (dilute cinnamon) oriental or siamese kittens when she goes to stud next time she calls.

maewkaew

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Are they both carrying cinnamon? So do you think cinnamon is completely recessive to chocolate or maybe just partially recessive? Some people say that a chocolate carrying cinnamon is different from homozygous chocolate.

mewlittle

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
now i want chocolate and cinnamon together hmm chocolate and cinnamon sorry went off topic

orientalslave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lola carries cinnamon - she has been tested. Stud is cinnamon carrying dilute and both carry Siamese.

mewlittle

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
& yeah chocolate & cinnamon mmmm that sounds pretty yummy. (with incomplete dominance so you get both tastes at once)
lol thats funny

a cat with cinnamon and chocolate in there dna should be named Chonom short for chocolate cinnamon :p

ernieboy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh my GOSH this cat is splendid. I recently adopted a boy of similar colours, but with short hair. I've been trying to figure out how he got such amazing genes, and this leads me one step closer to finding out! Your kitty is so gorgeous oh my gosh 

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Oh my GOSH this cat is splendid. I recently adopted a boy of similar colours, but with short hair. I've been trying to figure out how he got such amazing genes, and this leads me one step closer to finding out! Your kitty is so gorgeous oh my gosh 
There's a brief description of Barrington Brown here:

http://www.thecatsite.com/t/335233/help-identify

Outside the Burmese and Havana Brown phenotypes, brown is most often black diluted to mahogany rather than to grey.