Weirdest cat names?

lallorona

Cat Munster
Super Cat
Purraise
I literally have a friend who named his siamese cat "God" :lol3:
So every time he posts an picture of him with a caption it's quite comical. I mean just imagine taking your cat to the vet and while waiting to be seen the assistant comes out calling out "God" in a room full of pet owners? Awkward silence or a room full of laughter? Lol
I named my one of my cats "Anubis" which is an Egyptian God, but I just loved the name, and I liked the "-is" at the end haha so I guess he's not the only one to name his cat quite a name.

What were the weirdest cat names you've named or have heard? I'm actually curious :lol3:

Last edited:

billdolfski

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I rescued a feral kitten and named it Gunny because it wouldn't stop yelling at me.  Lo and behold it was a she and my parents didn't like Gunny for a she so they started calling her "Little Kitty."  Really?  I mean... really?

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
I love the name Gunny! What? There are no female Gunnys in the Marine Corps? That's quite a change from Gunny to Little Kitty!

The weirdest name I ever had for a cat was Sears. He had been named that at the shelter and he knew it so I never changed it. And it fit him in some odd way.

And Annubis is a GREAT name for a cat!

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I have a Carpet, a Chicken, a Button Moon, a Happy and a Forest.

I have a Gin Kun (Which mean Silver chap in Japanese) and I used to feed a feral Hige San (Mr Mustache)

I also have two brothers Hiro (Japanese for Wide spreading joy) and Jiro (Second joy)

Oh, and a huge, fat one eyed tuxedo called Little Boy.

billdolfski

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I love the name Gunny! What? There are no female Gunnys in the Marine Corps? That's quite a change from Gunny to Little Kitty
Hard telling with them.  My old man also tries to offer the cat when I mention I want another one, I don't think he's quite grasped that's his cat now.  She likes him.  She barely, if at all remembered me.  She follows him around and sits on his lap.  She's cordial with my mother but not like that.  I reckon he'll learn one of these days.

catminionjess

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My cats all have kinda weird names: Boogie Bear, Sgt. Pepper, and Jumbo. I named my mom's current cat Mr. Manners. She was going to name it Meow Kitty. Really Mom? He is a very polite cat. My sister named her male cat Chloe, she says he's French.

When I was growing up, my family had a lot of cats 

There was a mostly white tom cat we called Pinkerton and Squeaky. He kinda looked like a mouse.

We had a momma cat called Chickie, but she kept having litter after litter of kittens so we starting calling her Cat Factory.

There was another cat that got up in the engine of my dad's truck and got injured when he started it. My dad thought surely it was about to die so he tried to help put him out of his misery with ammonia. Well, the cat sprang back to life. My dad called him Lazarus after that.

We had others named Carpet, Fudgy, Beanie and a bunch more I can't remember.

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I had a Julius Caesar once.  He was a red  cat, so sometimes I called him Orange Julius.  
  And I used to have a Garfield which is not unusual, but he had a different sort of nickname.  He had scars on his side because he was attacked by dogs before we adopted him.  His hair had grown back wavy in that one spot.)  So he was also known as Scar Field Scar Face Scar Butt, in the most affectionate way.  (He didn't have a scar on his butt, or on his face for that matter, I just liked calling him that.)   I would come home, happy to see him, and say "Hi, Scar Field, Scar Face, Scar Butt!"

Last edited:

catwoman707

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Some of the names my fosters come up with is crazy!

Scuba Steve for one, she said he loved to watch the water swirl when the toilet is flushed, standing on the seat, and fell in once......

Jake from State Farm, Catnip McTabby, Buzzy Fuzzy Buzzy, Anchovie, Cindy Crawford, Tyra Banks, Coco Chanel, Davey Jones, Foxy Brown, Furry McCurry, Got Milk (he had a white moustache), Homer Blue (he was a blue blind cat), Hooty Owl, Kitty Purry, Kitty Softpaws, Kangaroo Jack, Lumpy Space Princess, Monkeyboy, Mr. Clean, Mrs. Claws, Sara Bella (who had cerebellar hypoplasia) Will Feral, Tabitha Twitchit, oh I could go on and on.........

porcaro

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Maybe not weird, but...my music hero is the late Jeff Porcaro, drummer for the band Toto. In the studio, he always used Gretsch drums. So my most recent addition, a gorgeous female tabby, was named Gretschyn.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lallorona

Cat Munster
Super Cat
Purraise
Maybe not weird, but...my music hero is the late Jeff Porcaro, drummer for the band Toto. In the studio, he always used Gretsch drums. So my most recent addition, a gorgeous female tabby, was named Gretschyn.
Wow, i love the spelling, how do you pronounce it?

lallorona

Cat Munster
Super Cat
Purraise
My cats all have kinda weird names: Boogie Bear, Sgt. Pepper, and Jumbo. I named my mom's current cat Mr. Manners. She was going to name it Meow Kitty. Really Mom? He is a very polite cat. My sister named her male cat Chloe, she says he's French.

When I was growing up, my family had a lot of cats 
There was a mostly white tom cat we called Pinkerton and Squeaky. He kinda looked like a mouse.
We had a momma cat called Chickie, but she kept having litter after litter of kittens so we starting calling her Cat Factory.
There was another cat that got up in the engine of my dad's truck and got injured when he started it. My dad thought surely it was about to die so he tried to help put him out of his misery with ammonia. Well, the cat sprang back to life. My dad called him Lazarus after that.
We had others named Carpet, Fudgy, Beanie and a bunch more I can't remember.
Lol meow Kitty? That's cute :lol3:

lallorona

Cat Munster
Super Cat
Purraise
Scuba Steve for one, she said he loved to watch the water swirl when the toilet is flushed, standing on the seat, and fell in once......

Jake from State Farm, Catnip McTabby, Buzzy Fuzzy Buzzy, Anchovie, Cindy Crawford, Tyra Banks, Coco Chanel, Davey Jones, Foxy Brown, Furry McCurry, Got Milk (he had a white moustache), Homer Blue (he was a blue blind cat), Hooty Owl, Kitty Purry, Kitty Softpaws, Kangaroo Jack, Lumpy Space Princess, Monkeyboy, Mr. Clean, Mrs. Claws, Sara Bella (who had cerebellar hypoplasia) Will Feral, Tabitha Twitchit, oh I could go on and on.........
Jake from state farm got me :lol3::lol3::lol3::lol3:

Last edited:

lallorona

Cat Munster
Super Cat
Purraise
I love the name Gunny! What? There are no female Gunnys in the Marine Corps? That's quite a change from Gunny to Little Kitty!

The weirdest name I ever had for a cat was Sears. He had been named that at the shelter and he knew it so I never changed it. And it fit him in some odd way.

And Annubis is a GREAT name for a cat!
Sears? Lol it can work actually, at least they didn't name it Kmart :lol3:

catminionjess

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

All of these are great names. The sillier the better I say. Lumpy Space Princess really made me laugh. I tried to get my mom to name her last female cat Mrs. Claws because she found my mom around Christmas time. 

nicsd

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My friends cat was called foggy, but his nickname was "Smdge" and that's all he answered to. It started as smudge and ended up being shortened. Really more a noise then a name!

lazer

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I recently found out there is a new type of synthetic marijuana called K2. I hope it doesn't become more popular than the mountain we named our cat after.

naricaution

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The people I stayed with in the bay area had some interesting cat names. There were sisters, Motorbox and Tail end. And there was the wild girl Steve, or Steven. I also had a cat named Cat. Nothing else suited him. He was my Cool Cat. I'm trying to think of names for my new boys now. Coming up dry...

lallorona

Cat Munster
Super Cat
Purraise
The people I stayed with in the bay area had some interesting cat names. There were sisters, Motorbox and Tail end. And there was the wild girl Steve, or Steven. I also had a cat named Cat. Nothing else suited him. He was my Cool Cat. I'm trying to think of names for my new boys now. Coming up dry...
Before I saved Anubis I already had names picked out for my future cats LOL I said that my next cat will be named either Anubis or Mittens :lol3: and I went with Anubis.. I suggest you go for Mittens! It's a cute funny name LOL

randommusings

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We tried to be creative and true to their personalities with our "herd" names - so we have Jezebel, Jynx, Karma, Lyric, Symphony and Miracle.