Weird Spot on Cat's Ear

auroralucero

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Noticed this spot on the cat's ear a couple days ago. I thought it was dried soap because he sometimes gets under the auto soap dispenser. But it's dark around the edges and the fur is peeling off. He's a 5 year old indoor cat and we don't get a lot of sunlight in the house. Could it be a reaction to soap getting on it?

I will take him to the vet if it doesn't clear up but it usually takes at least a week to book an appt. My female cat had a similar thing on her ear about a year ago and the vet said it was caused by fighting with my other cat. This doesn't look like an injury to me though...

nansiludie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It looks like either syrup or something but since you said it was peeling skin, possibly a burn? Does it show up on the inside of the ear as well?

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The ear is also red surrounding the "wound". I also think it looks like some sort of a burn? And, I also am wondering what the other side of the ear looks like too. Keep watch on this and don't wait to take your cat to the vet if the wound is not healing or it is begins to spread which then could be something else all together. It does appear to be scabbing slightly. You could try putting some Triple Antibiotic ointment on the wound. But I am wary of saying that before a vet gives an opinion. :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

auroralucero

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The inside looks normal except a little brown on the edges. The dark fur part fell off and the skin underneath looks normal but a little red so I'm thinking it was a burn. He probably jumped on the stove or something in pursuit of food >_<

I'll keep an eye on it. Thanks for the replies!

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The inside looks normal except a little brown on the edges. The dark fur part fell off and the skin underneath looks normal but a little red so I'm thinking it was a burn. He probably jumped on the stove or something in pursuit of food >_

Last edited: