Weird New Obsession

catsoncatsoncats

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My three year old cat has been obsessed lately with these black and white posters I have laying flat on the dresser. He jumps on the dresser and licks them over and over. I try to get him off the dresser, and of course he doesn't appreciate me interrupting his fun. There is no paint on the posters. They are printed posters that have been laying around for years. Anyone know why he my cat is doing this?

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
Not a clue, he either likes the picture or the taste of the paper. That's the fun thing about cats - sometimes you just go hmmm," I've never seen that before".

ileen

with Luciano since 12/5/16
Super Cat
Purraise
Could it be something was sprayed near the posters & there is a scent/flavor that landed on them?

kissthisangel

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
have they been stored anywhere dusty / dirty? we recently got 20 years + of paperwork down from the loft and the cats are allover it. They seem to love the built up smells

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catsoncatsoncats

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Not a clue, he either likes the picture or the taste of the paper. That's the fun thing about cats - sometimes you just go hmmm," I've never seen that before".
Thank you! I'm thinking its probably the dust or maybe he does just really like the posters

catsoncatsoncats

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Could it be something was sprayed near the posters & there is a scent/flavor that landed on them?
I will look into if something was sprayed accidentally like air freshener. thanks!

catsoncatsoncats

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
have they been stored anywhere dusty / dirty? we recently got 20 years + of paperwork down from the loft and the cats are allover it. They seem to love the built up smells
They have been left out for a long time so could be dust or maybe even something we sprayed that happened to settle on the posters. Thank you.

elliesvictim

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Let's see....
Today my cat shadow boxed a glass window with her paws. Stared over my shoulder at nothing. Wrestled a pair of jeans. Ran after a ball then ran into an unrelated adjacent room. Saw me cleaning her litter box, growled and sprinted to the other side of the apartment.
That's just today. Cats are weird. They do weird stuff. I wouldn't over think this.

catsoncatsoncats

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Let's see....
Today my cat shadow boxed a glass window with her paws. Stared over my shoulder at nothing. Wrestled a pair of jeans. Ran after a ball then ran into an unrelated adjacent room. Saw me cleaning her litter box, growled and sprinted to the other side of the apartment.
That's just today. Cats are weird. They do weird stuff. I wouldn't over think this.
LOL good point. thank you

ArtNJ

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
+1 to cats are weird don't overthink it. I had a cat that would chew on and eat plastic, such as what magazines are shipped in, mostly just if he was hungry. I currently have a young cat that will sometimes remorselessly chew one particular electrical cord if he is overly bored, hungry or just because.