Weird looking surgical incision - am being a paranoid mom or is this normal?

Agirlwholovescats

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi all, me again. I rescued a malnourished cat from the streets 1 year and some months ago. Poor baby lost her tiny front teeth because of how badly she was treated. She was so afraid of humans that I'm guessing she had a owner that was an absolute idiot and ended up on the streets.

A few days ago she gave birth, I had already called the vet to ask when she could be spayed. One thing led to another, she developed a severe infection in her uterus in a matter of hours. She had been at the vet 24 hours before and was okay. She had her uterus removed and they had to clean her up. She's good as new. Sadly her babies passed despite my efforts.

It's been roughly 15 days I believe since surgery. Her skin was reacting to one of the stitches so the vet replaced it with a staple. She's been wearing a cone but without it she cannot reach the incision anyway. So she could've never licked it. It looks red to me . It's not swollen or hot. Hot meaning it's not hotter than the rest of her body, ie. Paws or her chest. Not overly warm. I clean it twice a day with saline and use a healing cream prescribed by the vet.

I'm incredibly stressed with the happenings of these last weeks. The kittens dying, almost losing mother cat, my beloved dog is already at the vet, as they are trying everything to get his kidneys to function. On top of that, my cat truly loves my doggy and they are missing each other. Any help would be appreciated. She eats very well (actually, she's a bottomless pit, lol), she's on a special diet for spayed cats, is pretty active but what makes me think there's something wrong w the incision would be her being too active. She manages to jump around with her cone. I'm leaving pictures of her (for cuteness, but from a few months ago) and the incision bellow!

Attachments

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What a pretty tortie girl! He incision looks good to me. I don't see anything alarming. There is no redness or weeping. Just keep an eye on it and if you notice it turning an angry red color, getting warm or weeping, then get her back to the vet immediately. When does she get her stitches/staples out?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Agirlwholovescats

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
What a pretty tortie girl! He incision looks good to me. I don't see anything alarming. There is no redness or weeping. Just keep an eye on it and if you notice it turning an angry red color, getting warm or weeping, then get her back to the vet immediately. When does she get her stitches/staples out?
And she's got the tortietude, lol 😂 but she's very loving. Want to protect my toothless girl at all costs. Should have them removed either Friday or Thursday!!