Weird kneading

Shants7

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My 4 year old male kneads like no kitty I’ve had before. His hind legs quiver, arches his back and then he rubs his backside and genitalia on whatever he’s kneading.. not going to lie but it’s almost like he’s cat master-bating 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️ I noticed a few wet spots on the towel he was just doing it on. Perhaps marking it? I’m not so much worried there’s something wrong just curious if other people have experienced. I read some threads and he doesn’t exhibit any aggression like biting the object or anything. I took a video but I’m getting an error that it’s the wrong format ( iPhone) I can try again though. Thanks cat loving family

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Its alike masturbating, to put it bluntly. Our stud do so sometimes, usually holding his Da-bird in the mouth... Males especielly if neutered late, know often still what to do, and so they may have a little reenactement...

ArtNJ

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My 3 year old was timely neutered, there is no funny stuff with the genitals, no humping behaviors, but he nonetheless very much drools while enthusiastically kneading. He doesn't drool at other times, so I've been wondering about it.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
He's getting "happy" :lol: Some neutered cats do this because it just feels good to them. Nothing to worry about. Just let your cat have his "happy time":)