Weird Dream--wonder If It Means Something?

tabbysia

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
A couple of nights ago, I had a a rather bizarre dream. I was going to get a new kitten, and my WHOLE family accompanied me to go pick it up. I'm talking my mother, my siblings and their families, and even aunts, uncles and cousins that I hadn't seen in years. In reality, none of these people would give a rat's behind if I got a new kitten, and none of them (except maybe my mother) would accompany me to pick it up.

Anyway, we drove for a long time and arrived at this place at night. It seemed to be a hospital of some kind, and the lady that was giving me a kitten seemed to work in a morgue, because my mother soon began walking around what appeared to be a morgue, looking at drawers that I assumed contained bodies trying to help me come up with a name for my new kitten. I have no idea if full names of people are on the drawers in a morgue or not. The only morgues I have seen are on tv.

So, the lady gave me the kitten. She was a girl, but looked very much like a male kitty of mine that had died a few years earlier at only three years old due to a heart condition. I named her Sidney, which I guess was fitting because I give all of my cats "S" names, but Sidney was never a name that I had thought of.

After I got Sidney, I suddenly found that I was all alone and had to find my own way home. All of my family had disappeared and left me there. I did have a car, but I am terrible with directions and could not remember how to get home. I also have a terrible phobia of driving on the freeway, which came into play in my dream. I just started driving, with no idea where I was going, and miraculously, I started to recognize where I was. I was close to being home, and then I woke up.

Any dream analysts out there that want to try to make sense of this mess?

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I've always thought dreams were a combo of unresolved emotions and just random stuff. Did you wake up sad? BTW, I have the fear of driving on freeways as well and sometimes dream that I am driving on one.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tabbysia

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I wasn't really sad when I woke up--just creeped out. My dream probably took place in a morgue because I have been thinking about my own mortality lately. I have had a few health issues and my mother is constantly talking about dying, even though she is perfectly healthy. She always says she "might not be here" next Easter, next Christmas, etc.

As far as freeways, I go out of my way to avoid them, and if can't, I'll have to get someone else to drive me or just not go where I planned on going (if everyone says no). My family members don't understand my fear and get really annoyed with me when I ask them to drive me places, but it is a real phobia.

After the dream, I was really intrigued with the same Sidney and wondered if I should name my next cat that. Considering it took place in a morgue though, I fear I would be dooming the poor kitty to a short life, like the name is bad luck or something.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I wasn't really sad when I woke up--just creeped out. My dream probably took place in a morgue because I have been thinking about my own mortality lately. I have had a few health issues and my mother is constantly talking about dying, even though she is perfectly healthy. She always says she "might not be here" next Easter, next Christmas, etc.

As far as freeways, I go out of my way to avoid them, and if can't, I'll have to get someone else to drive me or just not go where I planned on going (if everyone says no). My family members don't understand my fear and get really annoyed with me when I ask them to drive me places, but it is a real phobia.

After the dream, I was really intrigued with the same Sidney and wondered if I should name my next cat that. Considering it took place in a morgue though, I fear I would be dooming the poor kitty to a short life, like the name is bad luck or something.
Aww....how about Suzanne?

tabbysia

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Aww....how about Suzanne?
That would be a cute name if I didn't already know a person named Suzanne in high school that I couldn't stand! :lol:

weebeasties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I usually take dreams as just random stuff that I read about or saw on tv recently. Most of the time, anyway.
I thought the ending of your dream, however, had a pretty uplifting message. You were in a very frightening situation (being abandoned, lost, driving on a scary freeway) and you overcame it all and found your way home on your own! It kinda seems like your subconscious was telling you to have more faith in yourself. That you are stronger than you know and you can overcome obstacles in your way. I don't know if that applies to your life or not, but that's how I would take it if it was my dream.

tabbysia

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I usually take dreams as just random stuff that I read about or saw on tv recently. Most of the time, anyway.
I thought the ending of your dream, however, had a pretty uplifting message. You were in a very frightening situation (being abandoned, lost, driving on a scary freeway) and you overcame it all and found your way home on your own! It kinda seems like your subconscious was telling you to have more faith in yourself. That you are stronger than you know and you can overcome obstacles in your way. I don't know if that applies to your life or not, but that's how I would take it if it was my dream.
I hadn't really thought of it that way. I was focused on the creepy morgue part. I am kind of a pessimist and a "glass half empty" type of person though. :lol2:

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The best dream interpreters are the people who have the dreams. You can break down what each element represents to you and see if you can find a connection between them. I believe that if it's a conclusion you can draw in your waking life, then it's more than likely something that your subconscious state has also drawn conclusions of.

For example, I've been having a lot of dreams about my sister and her husband breaking up and/or my sister being pregnant with multiples. I started trying to analyze what these could mean to me because I woke up feeling upset every time. The best conclusion I could draw was that I view my sister and her husband as one of the few couples in my life with a stable and fairly normal relationship and them breaking up brings out my own fears of being in a relationship.