Weird Bumps On Cats Eyes

Emmyjoyevans

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
D66BBCE4-421D-468F-AD7C-9942F56DEBC4.jpeg
5D4BC0E6-3C99-4C78-B1B7-BF94348ACF18.jpeg
Hi everyone my cat daliah has got these weird bumps in her face, at first I thought it was a clogged tear duct but one popped up yesterday on the side of her nose. There’s no discharge, no redness and they don’t seem to bug her and aren’t getting bigger. Any idea what these could be? (First picture is hard to see but there’s one in her corner of her eye)

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi! I'm not a vet, but are they cysts or something hopefully benign like that? Can you have your vet take a look?

LOL, she wasn't much impressed with the picture taking it looks like :lovecat2:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Emmyjoyevans

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I was thinking as much but they seem awful small for that but I’m definitely going to contact a vet just in case
And lol she isn’t much of a fan of being held

kitty chew

Kitty chew
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi there! Did you find out what it is? Was just looking on this forum, because my cat has the same thing. One just above her eye.

Emmyjoyevans

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I actully haven’t yet! One went away and the other one came to a head!

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Without getting too graphic (hopefully) we had a dog about 12 years ago get a cyst that looked small and innocent and the vet said to watch it, so we did.
The thing grew, continued to watch it.
One morning we woke up to a really nice mixture of (sorry, graphic alert!!!!!)...

....blood, pus, and a clear-ish fluid on the wall next to her bed. The cyst blew alright, and it was graphic, gross, but the dog seemed to feel SO much better and the area was no longer sensitive.
The crap part about cysts is making sure it's a cyst, and if it is, there's usually a core. And keeping the area clean is not always easy.
If the core doesn't come out, odds are it will close up and the cycle repeats and the cyst might return at some point.
This waking up to a bodily fluid wall painting thing happened twice before we decided to get the cyst drained and taken care of, and it didn't come back after that.

So, there's my "hope you're aren't eating while reading" story of the week.
If I grossed you out, I'm sorry. But sometimes cysts and things that expel bodily fluids aren't always pretty. :barfgreen:

Emmyjoyevans

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you fo your input and don’t worry I’m not Squimish at all so you are fine! I don’t think they were cysts because two of them went away and only one remains but is very tiny and are not growing, haven’t gotten red and don’t bother her at all. I talked with my vet from back home and they said to just keep and eye on is so fingers crossed they just go away!

Emmyjoyevans

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
That's good. How long did she have them? Getting my cat checked out soon.
She didn’t have them long only about a month, I wonder if this is a black cat thing? Is your cat also black? Let me know what you find out

kitty chew

Kitty chew
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes, my cat is black. The vet said it was nothing to worry about, but to keep an eye on it incase it grows because it's close to her eye.