Weird Bump On Leg

ChaoticEva

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hey guys,

This morning I was petting Sassy and noticed a weird bump. At first glance, i thought it was a tick (even though it isn't the season for them yet) but it isn't. The bump is reddish and a little purple. It also kind of opened or started to "explode". It doesn't look pretty and I'm worried.
Of course, I am making a vet appointment but thought I could ask for some advice and reassurance.

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ChaoticEva

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I do have another cat, though they don't interact as Sassy doesn't like him. She does not go outside (thank god, since it's been horrible weather here)

Moka

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It could also have been a cyst that became infected or inflamed. Cysts can happen even without trauma. They are slow "growing" and usually harmless. They are sort of like a big zit or blackhead. If I were you I would not worry too much, but your vet might want to remove the sack of the cyst so it does not fill up again. The vet will also probably give it a good flushing if it is just an infected cyst.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I agree that it could be an infection and better to get it checked out by your vet before it worsens. Here is an Article about skin conditions in cats that might be helpful for you: Skin Conditions In Cats

Please keep us posted on your progress. We'll be curious to hear about the vet report. Good luck! :goodluck:

ChaoticEva

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I booked an appointment for Thursday. It's a little far, but that's all that was available. I mean, it's not urgent, but my mind won't be at rest until I'm reassured that it isn't something really bad, like cancer or something like that. It's also not painful, as I squished it a little and she let me do it.
I'll keep all of you posted. I just had to share it with other people that would understand. :)

ChaoticEva

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
On Thursday we went to the vets and we had some bad news. First, the good news : the bump is a cyst type tumor and is nothing to really worry about.
Now for the bad news. Sassy most probably has a kidney infection. We did a urine test, there were no infection, however there was inflammation. I sent the urine out to be cultured at the lab. Waiting on the results. I'm also going for an X-ray tomorrow to see if she has any kidney stones. She's on some antibiotics and some anti nauseous medication. My vet also thinks that her kidney failure most probably went from stage 2 to a stage 3, maybe even stage 4.
All in all, I'm worried and scared.