Weird behavior by male cat? Is he happy or not?

botolo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Almost once every day my 10 years old cat starts meowing continuously like if he is super excited about something. He walks around and meows and usually goes close to his soft bed and starts making cookies with his paws while meowing. If I try to pet him, he goes away but comes back right away always meowing. Then at some point he stops, and I have noticed that he has his penis out. He licks it a little bit and then finally calms down. He usually does this either early in the morning when I wake up and go prepare breakfast or at night when I go to bed.

here is a video. What do you think he does? Is he happy (he looks like it)? Is he sexually excited for some reason (he is neutered)?

George the Cat

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

botolo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes to all. And this is a behavior that he has been having for a looong time.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I would say that him being impatient but is eager for what comes next. Either he wants breakfast or it is time to go to bed, in both scenarios he is ready but you aren't. My girl can get in a similar mood after dinner when she is looking for a lap for an after dinner snooze. Pacing, meowing, purring and then (eventually) she settles down and passes out.