Weird behavior after vet appointment

esco98

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Escanor had to go get his yearly shots today and he got microchipped. They did the rabies, feline leukemia and a third shot that I don’t remember what it was for. He also got microchipped. He did soo good and just seemed pretty pissed and tired after the appointment which is to be expected. A couple hours later he started intensely sniffing the dog. So much that I couldn’t tell if he was going to bite the dog or not. I went to gently move his head away from the dog and he was so stiff that he Wouldn’t budge. I didn’t do it hard or anything just lightly, this usually gets him to re position himself or move back. So I just picked him and put him on the floor. Well right before I picked him he let out a wheeze sound that I’ve never heard him make before. It’s just such strange behavior and idk what’s going on. I could be over reacting. The dog did not go to the vet today so he shouldn’t smell any different than normal. Anyone have similar experience?

bpenniman

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It could be mild shock. Sometimes in animals and people overly stressful situations can do that. Also, even people, when we get certain vaccines, feel mildly ill for a couple days. Idk. Just throwing stuff out. Ive gotten fevers from flu shots and tettinus shots.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

esco98

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks! I didn’t think about shock but that could be it. First time he got shots he tried attacking the vets. This time he just laid there and let them do their thing and wouldn’t stand up after he was done. So he was probably in shock then and might still be

canucksfan1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
cats like 'fawk! don't you read the Bible man? i got the bleeding mark of the beast for fawks sake'!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

esco98

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Update: Esco is feeling better finally. He was very lethargic and probably in shock but vet said that’s normal. He was pissed at me and bonded with the dog, they both hate going to the vet. (I think the cat was trying to tell him he had a rough day)
95DE4F2C-1E7B-422C-8198-722DA5B9A5AC.jpeg