Weird bald spot on cat's side

inediblepeaches

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi y'all,

I found a weird bald spot on my cat, Batman's, side. It doesn't look like ringworm, which they've had in the past, and I was wondering if anyone could help me to identify what it is. If you do know, let me know if it's serious enough to bring her to the vet or if I can try to treat it at home for a time before bringing her in if it doesn't work.

She's still acting normally, good appetite, playful, using her litter box.

Thanks you guys!
Batman.jpg

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Due to the size, my advice would be to contact a vet. There can be multiple causes for skin problems in cats, so a proper diagnosis and treatment is important: Skin Conditions In Cats – TheCatSite Articles.

I would suggest emailing your vet a picture, so they can give you more specific advice, but I think they will probably want you to bring her in to be examined.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, the size looks too large to be ringworm, looks more like an allergy or a healing scrape. You could get some antibiotic salve (human) with NO pain killers added (toxic) and apply it a couple of times a day, or get a cat wound spray and soak a cotton ball and dab it, cats don't like the spraying sound. She needs something applied to it, in case it is spreading. It could even be a healing abscess from a bite, but I would expect to see a hole in it then.....